Finished!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

Going to enter this in a motorcycle show....ill be curious as to what they will think!

Looks great :shock: You really captured the look of an Indian :wink:

72tx340 said:
The cdi needs to go into some sort of box....now for some cloth wire.....

here's what i did with mine.
I hid the cdi box under the motor and then ran the spark plug wire up to the spark plug.
get rid of the stock spark plug wire and replace it with a 7 or 8 mm automotive wire with a rubber boot. I'm using an accell 8 mm superstock plug wire on my bike. the stock plug wire just unscrews from the cdi, and then you can just screw in a new one. the wire just threads onto a screw inside the cdi box. you can run as long of a plug wire as you want (mine is about a foot long), and then you can get some cloth wrap for the wire to make it look old.

Love it. Nice job.... i prefer your bike in its current BTR setup. Diggin the front race numbers..... My only input is you should put lightening holes in the rear sprocket. Its free if you have access to tools and IMO really helps with the look..... I used 7 or 8mm cloth covered wire on mine but still retain the original boot. I plan to buy a brass connector that crimps to the lead, and screws onto the sparkplug. But is doing away with the boot (more authentic looking) bad for our engines????????????????????? If so maybe a better fitting, better quality automotive boot is whats needed.

Latest posts

Back