Finished my first bike.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the first bike I ever completely assembled. I've bought completes before but I put this together one piece at a time as I have no cool stash of old parts, yet. I wanted something that kinda reminded me of childhood so I needed apes but not really tall ones because I've ridden enough to know where my arms get uncomfortable so I needed to keep the height down. I wanted something I would have thought looked tough when I was 9 and the A-Team were the baddest dudes on the planet, next to KISS and Evel Knievel. I just wasn't sure exactly what I going to use as inspiration until New Years Eve. I was watching the season premiere of my favorite show Creepy KOFY Movie Time and the host got a makeover, longer horns which reminded me of handlebars, the rest was a matter of buying and assembling parts. So ladies and gentelmen I present , The Balrok
headbang.gif

My inspiration
18462_479653360581_851620581_109603.jpg

My bike
115.jpg

117.jpg

120.jpg

122.jpg

I'm diggin' it - very cool, nice looking but simple, with some great quality parts. 8)
And it looks like it passes the requirement I have for all of my bikes - it's ride-able!

So tell us, what kind of bike was it to start with, and what kind of bars are those??

Thanks everyone. I thought the frame was an old schwinn due to my naiveté and a shady eBayer who shall remain nameless but I have my doubts. I think it is a later schwinn frame made everseas. The bars are electra mini apes.

Hammond Eggz said:
I'm diggin' it - very cool, nice looking but simple, with some great quality parts. 8)
And it looks like it passes the requirement I have for all of my bikes - it's ride-able!

So tell us, what kind of bike was it to start with, and what kind of bars are those??

What he said. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back