Finally - Time for a new build (Motorized Maybe?)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many months after building "Hardcore Hammock", I finally have the time, parts, and location to start a new build. The winter kept me unable to build but now I have a nice, big insulated and heated garage :)(a lack of parts didn't help the matter either). I'm thinking of a build using an 80 (67)cc motorized bike kit with a totally custom frame. Anybody else build something similar?

Hello, yes ive built one that was straight forward out of a new bike the moondog, my second has really been a nightmare. Everytime i think im getting close to getting what i want something doesnt work or fit and i have to change directions. I was going to use the '45 roadmaster i had till i got to the rear nuvinci hub i was going to use with the sick bike parts shifter kit only to find it wont fit, the frames about 2 inches to narrow. I got disgusted and started with a schwinn frame from the 50s-60s not sure and the hub fit so i started swapping parts lol.. Now its growning on me ,ill make a ratrod rider outta the 45 i guess. Keep us posted with pics

i just started a buzzbomb project yesterday. an 80cc 2 stroke fits perfectly in my `38 colson frame! :D i`ll start a build thread tom.,after i take a few more pics. :wink: good luck with your motor build!

Motorized bicycles can also be very practical, depending on your state laws. In AZ, we can ride the bike lanes if we keep
the speed below 20mph. I ride mine to work (50 miles round trip) once a week or so. Cheers

Back