Finally stepping up...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this is my first post on a forum of any kind, ever. So hopefully I even manage to put this post in the right category (Intros) lol. I'm glad to say I'm finally officially on this fine site. I've been snooping around on here for a year or so now, checking out your awesome builds/finds and absorbing the wealth of knowledge you guys bring to the table. I've been really into cruisers/rat rods/vintage/any kind of bicycles really, since I was a kid. I'm actually a mechanic at a bike shop for my 9-5 up here in good old MA.

I've got a few 'rods right now (3 and counting) A 24" Rollfast tank-cruiser (unsure of year, had bad luck tracing the serial #) that I rescued from the dumpster of my old shop when a customer wanted me to "get rid of it." A 69 (? not sure, but the serial number ends with these digits) Columbia Bromleigh I just finished ratting out for my girlfriend. And last but not least, a Schwinn cantilevered frame (not an old bike though, a walley world re-pro special) I also rescued from someone who would rather have thrown it away than fixed it's broken coaster brake. I ratted this puppy out and topped it off with my favorite piece of cycling-tech of all time...a Bendix 2 speed red band hub, which I recently re-built to perfection thanks to the walkthrough your site led me to. So thanks for that! When I figure out how/where to put pics up on here I'll show and tell!

WELCOME, from Western MA.

Back