FINALLY pics of my 62 ranchero

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well hope it was worth the wait these are of the ranchero. these were taken the day after i bought it and it has changed a bit since then. mostly mechanical things like smaller front tires to stop the rubbing issues when turning, and starting to repaint it rattle can semi gloss black. oh yea and i striped all the paint off the inside of the bed so it is just polished steel at the moment.

1001104.jpg

1001108.jpg

1001105.jpg

thanks it is funny it actually sits a lot lower than it looks in the pics. the front has 2 1/2 inch droped springs the rear is stock for now but that will change soon. i am going to go with 3 inch lowering blocks to drop the rear. the engine is a 200 ci 6 out of a mustang and is mostly stock other than duraspark ignition, and a 2 1/2 inch flowmaster. the colum shift was changed to 3 on the floor and is much more fun to drive. it will smoke the tires no problem.

karfer67 said:
the colum shift was changed to 3 on the floor and is much more fun to drive. it will smoke the tires no problem.

:shock: :shock: :shock: video! lol i love BURNOUTS!! Sharp little cruiser karfer, Glad ur back hope u dont runaway and hide again :mrgreen: Again, Hows ur knee doing?

thanks rick the leg is ok. it hurts from time to time but i will be ok. if i had a video camera i would be all for it. well at least once the rears get worn enough so i would have to get new ones then give these a proper send off hehe. i will have to take a few pics of her with the bikes in the bed huh? i have a few new projects i am working on two of which are restorations lol noo i am not going soft but these are too nice to rat. one is an original paint and otherwise mostly original 52 schwinn panther with the springer. the other is a super rare 52 schwinn speedster with the hand shift 2 speed. the speedster is rather rough but being that it is so rare i just dont have the heart to rat it. however i have two kustoms in the works one of which will blow the green jc higgins out of the water. more to follow :mrgreen:

HA! I CANT WAIT TO SEE UR NEXT CUSTOM! I might be getting a 49 schwinn straight bar frame!!! im gonna try and trade my fedrals and fuji for it.

sorry to say i got it like that and i asked the po about it and so did he. it looks to have been done a long time ago and it is really nice lol. if it were not for the seat the interior would look like poo. next i am going to spray the dash and iner doors metal flake red. duplicolor makes this ....... paint called metal specks in red, blue, green, copper, and silver. easiest metalic paint i have ever sprayed as most tend to run very easy and the flake comes out very even. only trouble with it is the cost 10.50 a can :shock: oh well the high price to pay for coolness!

Hmmm im going 2 look into this paint dude, Im thinking about redoing my buildoff bike.. The paint flaked off from the power of the pressure washer... Heres why i had 2 pressure wash it :mrgreen:

DSCF1395.jpg

DSCF1396.jpg

and for the club.

DSCF1399.jpg

good lord rick what did you do to that poor thing? either you thought it was a mountian bike or drank a whole bottle of exlax before you went for a ride :lol:

thanks kev and oh yes the story i was talking about. well about a week ago this really deep thumping sound started when i would hit bumps. as i am sure you know when you own an old car you get used to the sounds they make normally and when a new one starts you try to figure out what it is. well i thought it was something in the front end but i checked everything and NOTHING looked loose, shook etc. put a wrench on everything and everything was right and tight. then i looked back for some reason looking at the rear trans mount. it has two bolts that thread into the tailshaft housing and one was about 1/4 of an inch out and the other was finger tight. tightened them up and wada u know no thump :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: I DIDNT Drink exlax, Me and like 8 of these mtn bikers snuck into this private property, They say its a chemical waste dump from the 60's, all i see is 15 acres of trails, Lets just say i showed them guys a thing or 2 we ran 4 laps around the thing after like 4 hours of rain, I fell in the beginning, But i caught them at the end, they were shocked. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I love this bike, Probably my most dependable best riding bike on and off road.

so rick let me get this straight. you snuck INTO an old chemical waste dump, to ride around which is bad enough. then you ride around in the slop and fall? let us know how long it takes before you begin to glow ok?

i Think the cops tell us that to keep us out because thats where all the bums live.. If they live there it cant be that bad.

They got killer bmx jumps in the back, Its not even fenced in in the way back, Its right next 2 target, When i had my haro, Me and my buddy's would ditch the halfdays of skool, Go jumping and go hang out in the targets taco bell all day. That was fun. Matter of fact the first day i got my harro, i was in there and a bum chased me and tried 2 steal it.

rick you need to name your bike sledgehammer and run around telling people you love to take it off sweet jumps. glad to see your having fun with it .

Latest posts

Back