FINALLY LISTENING TO SOME VINYL!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i finally got a good record player. it is actually my mom and dads old one, it is a fisher unit. i am only using the record player out of this system, running it through my vintage fisher receiver that i got when i was 15. that is some elvis spinning on it in the pic! :D just have to build up my collection now!
recordplayer.jpg

dude gotta love the vinal i got me a turntable for x mas ..its a usb type i can hook up 2 my puter and burn cds of records ..havent done that yet ..but ill get to it some day

I have a collection of 50 albums from the 60's (Beatles, DC5,etc) to the 80's (Springsteen,Foghat,etc)
that I hadn't listen to in years. I do cd's in the van. SO I researched how to burn my vinyl to cd with
an additional unit in my system. The guy was selling me on an older Sony CD Recorder w/Pioneer burners
but didn't have one. Oh but he had an EMI Classic unit w/o a manual, for a little less cash $275. Okay.
Long story short I got it to work and if you dig the original sounds ;cracks,pops,skips, it's great
singing along with that old stuff at the stop light. You know the words so well cause you wore the grooves
out years ago. And I'm putting the old(done) vinyl aside now for a possible tag sale, interested? Stevil

vinyl, yes! I play records regularly. I bought a repro luggage type record player. It's a fun hobby.

this is what I bought, it's a Crosley, sells for $119. Works great.

cr49ta_XL.jpg

Funny story, I bought a cd copy of "This is Boston, Not L.A."(classic 80s HC punk comp.) off ebay, and you can tell it was burned off a vinyl lp! :lol: I had it on cassette, but that's close to 20 yrs old! I have two big boxes full of vinyl, lps and 45s! I need to set my system back up so I can play 'em! -Adam

I had one of those bombproof record players the schools used to have. It finally gave out, so I just listen to cds played through my old Eico hi-fi amp. But I found many good lp's at thrift stores and garage sales, usually for a buck apiece or less.

Check the thrift stores. Some I found were nearly perfect, still in the original plastic. I also found some old concert ticket stubs from the 70's in the record jackets. Of couse I was looking for money. :D

Love me the vinyl. Pretty much all I listen to these days. Either vinyl itself or rips I make and put on the iPod.

2848990670_eec76eb514.jpg

I use this great piece of software to clean up my digitized vinyl. Use it in reverse and it does wonders. Mono records come out REALLY good sounding. Not that I mind a few pops and clicks,

http://www.clickrepair.net/

Now if I could just finish a few projects and get all the albums back in one room. I had a couple of Ikea bookcases that worked pretty good to hold 'em until one of 'em collapsed. I still use the smaller Ikea shelves but the biggest ones seem to get pretty wobbly.

My dad has an older player a great box of LP's that I need to get out.

On related note: We bought a NOS RCA 8 track player/radio to install in the 1964 Aristocrat Lil' Loafer camp trailer. Found a box of 8tracks on ebay. Gonna be rocking in style this summer.

sensor said:
Breakpetal said:
I had a couple of Ikea bookcases that worked pretty good to hold 'em until one of 'em collapsed.
hehehe......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqeLdIKkcIM

Too true.

Luckily I didn't lose any albums when it self destructed. I was a huge mess...5 ft by 5 ft of albums and cheap Swedish "cardwood" everywhere. Took me 20 minutes to dig out enough to get into the room.

Good times.

my wife was in florida last week and picked me up some albums- cat stevens, john mellencamp, eagles, boston, willie nelson. she made a good score! i was especially excited about the cat stevens. peace train is an awesome song!!!! :D

I'm one of those nerds that still has a record player hooked to his system, 300+ albums in the livingroom ready to be played. Which is also why I am not interested in a USB record player, no need to digitalise albums when you can still play them, authentic scratches and all. 8)

For like the last year or so, my girlfriend and I have been scouring any and all Goodwill stores, been really scoring on some sweet vinyl !! And at a buck a piece you can't go wrong..

Latest posts

Back