Finally got my Grandpas Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All done! Until I find a better seat. I'd add a tank and rack but he said it didn't have a tank when he bought it and the rack is incorrect and kinda mangled. So here she is!

Before:
gpaslibertyschwinn.jpg

After:
Pictures652.jpg

Pictures653.jpg

Pictures648.jpg

Pictures651.jpg

Pictures650.jpg

:lol: :lol: nice lookin A.S.BOLT you got there ! bike looks great ,beautiful paint work ! :wink:

This one is for Mr."Boltnut"! Thanks again Ralph!
Pictures581.jpg

B607 said:
Very nice resto! Grandpa would be proud. Is it finished? Rack? Tank? Gary

He bought it without a tank so I'm keeping it original. The rack was wrong and didn't really fit so I kept it off.

B607 said:
I run two strips of 1/16" 3M Fine Line tape around the rim where the pinstripes will go. Then tape off the rest of the rim. Remove the 1/16" tape and paint. Gary

I've had good luck with this method also. Grampa's bike looks great by the way!

KJV said:
paint/chrome looks nice.
my grandpa would kick my rear,
if i presented him with those nasty
pedals,on a shiny bicycle.

The pedals look a lot better in person. Besides, there's no way I'm putting new pedals on an old bike. I'm not paying for NOS Torringtons either! Nobody comments on the chrome not being redone. And that seat bothers me more than anything !

I like the 'aged' chrome on it. To me, it gives it a sense of a 'daily driver restoration' vs. a 'Concours D'Elegance restoration'. This bike is all original, if the chrome were too perfect, it might look 'repop', to me (again).

I absolutely love this bike and the detail and attention you've put into it. It's exceptional!

One more thing, the seat....., yeah it's got to go.. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
I like the 'aged' chrome on it. To me, it gives it a sense of a 'daily driver restoration' vs. a 'Concours D'Elegance restoration'. This bike is all original, if the chrome were too perfect, it might look 'repop', to me (again).

I absolutely love this bike and the detail and attention you've put into it. It's exceptional!

One more thing, the seat....., yeah it's got to go.. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Dr. T

Thank you Dr. T! You guys have to keep in mind that I'm doing this on a budget of basically nothing. That being said if anyone wants to donate seat I'd be happy to accept! :D

My satisfied customer! Nobody escapes the thumbs up pose!!!

Pictures685.jpg

Back