Felt Thick Brick tires

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if the felt thick brick tires (24X3) look wider or are actually wider than electra fatti-O (24X3) tires?

Has anyone changed to the thick bricks and found that they are wider on the same rims?

I owned the Electra Fatti-o tires and to me they looked wider just because they had an edge at the end of the tread area. This, of course, is just my opinion.

I don't have both tires at the same time right now, so I can't get a measurement for you.
Hopefully someone with recent experience can chime in and help.

Edit: Search is our friend. I found this: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21986

It will depend on how wide the rim you use. I think the felts look better blowen up. A more uniformed look then a edge style tire. Other then that about the same.

I am not certain if it will look wider, but it will ride better and is a much better tire over-all. Most of the 24 x 3 tires have super thin sidewalls and a flat tread area, they handle poorly and dont hold up well to any kind of sidewall abrasion.

I've owned them both on the same rims.

I concur with ryder1 that the Fatti-O have a protruding edge where the tread meets the sidewall, making the 'wider' at that point. The Thick Brick has a more 'rounded' profile and smoother transition from sidewall to tread. This is probably why the Felts have SUBSTANTIALLY thicker sidewalls than the Electras.

Go for the Felts, they're a quality tire.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Latest posts

Back