Felt thick brick 24 x 3 tires on 70 - 80's Schwinn frame

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to install Felt 50mm wheels with 24x3 thick brick tires..... will they fit a 70 -80's Schwinn cruiser frame and if not Felt has the quick brick tires for 26" rims will those work......can you help with the biggest wheel and tire combo to fit these frames with out modification.

Are you wanting to use the original for or will you be using another? I do not think they will fit either the frame or the fork without a little mod work. The easiest way to mod it would be to swap forks and add a drop-out extention to the frame. Double Nickle did just that on his RRBBO5 bike. The extentions could be bolt on or welded.

100_3437.jpg

Build thread viewtopic.php?f=50&t=26175

thanks......do you know if the smaller diameter quick brick tires wires will fit without mods.....I really appreciate your help!

mingero said:
thanks......do you know if the smaller diameter quick brick tires wires will fit without mods.....I really appreciate your help!

The Quick Bricks are 26x2.125. If the bike originally had S7 rims (26x1 3/4" tires) it is a tight squeeze under the fenders but it can be done. Frame and fork clearance shouldn't be an issue if your wheels are true.

Back