Felt Shelby Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it's a cool grand, probably made in China, and it's not built with heart like a custom but man is this cool. Felt just unwrapped a Shelby (as in Carol Shelby) bike. If nothing else i want those tires!
227698_10150289645539199_148429884198_9607829_5989471_n.jpg

222582_10150289644969199_148429884198_9607825_2603143_n.jpg

Check out the photo spread here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150289644779199.408094.148429884198

It's a bit too plain for my taste, but I'll take the tires and Abraham Linkage springer forks.

Very boring to be a Shelby. I think Electra would've done a Shelby bike better.

Clean and simple, like the idea behind Shelby's cars.

I would have expected a disc front brake (for a 'performance' look) rather than a roller type.

If you gave one, I'd ride the blue dots off of it....if you GAVE it to me. For a grand, I could spec out a better bike.

Cheers,
Dr. T

It a nice bike ok but $1K? And a 1930/40s styling inspired tank bike with springer? Carrol Shelby kicked the behind of Enzo's Scuderia Ferrari all over Europe. So they built a beach cruiser???? They should have made a 1960/70s inspired muscle bike to pay homage to the Shelby Mustang at least.

Hardly Davison make more money these days from selling HD branded products than they could ever dream of making from selling actual motorsycles. Shelby are just cashing in on the brand - I don't have a problem with that - I just wish they'd made something which was worthy of the great man's name.

Not bad. But... I'd rather have it in blue if I wanted a shelby-inspired bike though...

I like it subtle, but for a grand they should have come out with something more 'shelby' nice mag-wheels or something. But those slightly disappointing thoughts I had with Electra's 'Ratfink' and Dyno's 'Moon cruiser'. Especially when they stopped running the whitewall/whiteline tires and when they stopped putting on the moon discs...

All in all... It's just a cool clean bike. Nothing more but deffinately nothing less. 8)

Definitely has the "Shelby markup" like everything that has his name pasted on it.
True, a better bike can be built for nearly half the price, it's a good design start though.

I saw that bike a few days ago and I have to agree with most that the bike is overpriced. I was checking it out and as soon as I saw the price tag I closed the window.

They are starting to expand the use of those tires on more of their bikes. As far as the blue dot goes I bet they are overpricing the tire 100% regular price because of it.

We have to consider that they are selling the name, not the bike. Shoot, I should build my bike white and put some Shelby decals on it.

I also don't like that all my felt bikes have had a sticker that says "made in China".

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

A bike built in China that Carol Shelby authorizes the use of his name on...... That guy's got no shame.
He's completely jumped the shark in his old age, his escapades in the automotive world have become contentious and legendary in the last few years to say the least. Unfortunately he's just sullying his own legacy at this point, sad really.

It's cool ill give it that and it looks good. $1000 could buy something cooler though, or many different bikes in my opinion. It would be nicer if it came with more accessories though.

i will sell the hooligan for 1,000. only one of those in the world. oh and yea those tires are sick

Back