FELT PARTS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brandonehansen said:
I'm very interested in the brown Quick Bricks for a new build, they are listed as 26 x 2.125, does anyone have a set mounted? I am wondering how wide they end up being mounted as I'm pretty sure they'll be a tight fit. If anyone has them, in any color, could you let me know what they measure up on the rim?

What are you trying to fit them on (or should I say into?)
I have the 26" one up front, and a 24 X 3 in back on a bike presently.

The 26" is only slightly wider than a 26 X 2.125 Typhoon Cord tire. I have used the 2.125 tires on middleweights as well without any issues (other than having to be VERY true!)

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

rat royale said:
brandonehansen said:
I'm very interested in the brown Quick Bricks for a new build, they are listed as 26 x 2.125, does anyone have a set mounted? I am wondering how wide they end up being mounted as I'm pretty sure they'll be a tight fit. If anyone has them, in any color, could you let me know what they measure up on the rim?

What are you trying to fit them on (or should I say into?)
I have the 26" one up front, and a 24 X 3 in back on a bike presently.

The 26" is only slightly wider than a 26 X 2.125 Typhoon Cord tire. I have used the 2.125 tires on middleweights as well without any issues (other than having to be VERY true!)

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

Rat,

I am putting them on a bike that originally came with 26x1-3/8 tires. I have some schwinn S-7 wheels and tires which fit fine, and i have just SLIGHTLY over 2" of inside clearance in between the forks and was going to build a set of wheels that would work with these tires....so I'm thinking they may be too big for this bike. :( I could try swapping out the fork, but it's nice but then I dont know if I'd have enough room in the rear for them either. Thanks for the info!

brandonehansen said:
Rat,
I am putting them on a bike that originally came with 26x1-3/8 tires. I have some schwinn S-7 wheels and tires which fit fine, and i have just SLIGHTLY over 2" of inside clearance in between the forks and was going to build a set of wheels that would work with these tires....so I'm thinking they may be too big for this bike. :( I could try swapping out the fork, but it's nice but then I dont know if I'd have enough room in the rear for them either. Thanks for the info!

Ok, Now I have a target.

I have a lightweight fork sitting here, and a quick test shows the tire hitting the fork WAY beforethe axle getting close to the dropouts. (A good 4" before)

If you have a middleweight fork, you stand a chance, the lightweight is a no-go based on the test fit I just did..

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

CCR said:
i "think' they would fit a middleweight fork, but i dont "think" you could put fenders on em

Yeah, fenders are definitely out of the question. I may just try another wheelset with 1.75s for a different look, who know! That's the fun of it. They always sort of take on a life of their own sometimes. :D

Back