Felt Little Bast*ard

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it off ebay a couple of months now, now have 3 cruisers, ouch.

It wasnt original so I thought I would play around with it a bit, as I am keeping my Felt Shelby and Autum Minion in original shape and wont touch those 2 bikes.

Its about 80% done, just waiting for my 24 x 65mm wheels to be built, need to source some tires and then it will be complete.

Got it back from the LBS today.

Mods:
Middleburn RS7 crankset, Middleburn Uno 38T chainring
Salsa saddle clamp
All-City Wallner pedals
Ti stem spacers
DMR Wonder Cups BB converter

Other stuff recently added:
Brooks Plump grips (black)
Brooks Team Pro Vans saddle

1305.jpg

1303.jpg

1304.jpg

1301.jpg

1306.jpg

Nice bike I was watching it on ebay...
Hopefully it won't end up like the real 'little b'
Watch out for Ford Tudors turning left :mrgreen:

I cant say I know about speedway bikes but I have seen one or 2 sites recently advertising Felt cruisers in Aus, so why dont you give it a shot, see whats out there. Not too long ago I saw a site in Aus selling the 2012 Felt Red Baron, so if you dont like the bike then at least you have the frame you like.

http://www.feltbicycles.com/Australia.aspx (this is from the Felt Aus link)

Try emailing or calling the distributor if you can track them down on the net, they can check for you what is available, thats what I did in the UK and they got my Felt Shelby from Germany for me, through my local bike shop who is a Felt dealer.

Well I have got an email from Jay from Mode bikes in CA, he has finished my rims/tyres. Here are 2 pics.

I should be getting them sent to the UK in a few days and either put them on the Little Basta*rd or maybe my Shelby

34 x 65mm with 3G Hoggy G 24 X 345 slicks. I am glad I chose the hub and asked for different style/colour spoke, love it

3G1.jpg

3G2.jpg

Hi seadragon,next set of rims you think about buying,thought you might take a look at this German site,www.robsson.de,super cool rims,really good prices,cant wait to see your Bast*rd done.

thanks primsestyle, that site looks pretty cool, some seriously wide rims on there. I think with regards to cruisers in Europe the Germans are the ones to take the lead. I would love to put some wider rims on the Little B but I am told by someone who is a Felt expert by bike wont take anything bigger than 24 x 65mm. I think my new rims and the slick tyres will definitely change it a lot as currently it only has 24 x 35mm on.

The only thing I am still not sure about is the saddle, maybe I should go for a chunkier one. The previous owner had a Brooks B33 on it but I didnt like it at all so might get a Brooks B73 on it as I have on my Autum Minion, it looks amazing. The pedals as shown on my first pics on this link are cool but also seem a bit skinny, so might get some flat polycarbonates, they will look cool I think. I have some nice Odyssey Twisted in Root Beer colour, they might suit I think, am open to some suggestions. I also have the original Little Bast*rd rear fender and chainguard so not sure if I should put them on or leave them off either. Decisions Decisions :)

seadragon said:
thanks primsestyle, that site looks pretty cool, some seriously wide rims on there. I think with regards to cruisers in Europe the Germans are the ones to take the lead. I would love to put some wider rims on the Little B but I am told by someone who is a Felt expert by bike wont take anything bigger than 24 x 65mm. I think my new rims and the slick tyres will definitely change it a lot as currently it only has 24 x 35mm on.

The only thing I am still not sure about is the saddle, maybe I should go for a chunkier one. The previous owner had a Brooks B33 on it but I didnt like it at all so might get a Brooks B73 on it as I have on my Autum Minion, it looks amazing. The pedals as shown on my first pics on this link are cool but also seem a bit skinny, so might get some flat polycarbonates, they will look cool I think. I have some nice Odyssey Twisted in Root Beer colour, they might suit I think, am open to some suggestions. I also have the original Little Bast*rd rear fender and chainguard so not sure if I should put them on or leave them off either. Decisions Decisions :)

First I have to say: really nice saddle!
And your Felt expert has no clue. :mrgreen: I did a build up of a Felt two years ago and the frame definetaly works with 80mm rims and thick bricks. And even if it is too tight you could slightly widen the frame

DeadBolt89 said:
seadragon said:

First I have to say: really nice saddle!
And your Felt expert has no clue. :mrgreen: I did a build up of a Felt two years ago and the frame definetaly works with 80mm rims and thick bricks. And even if it is too tight you could slightly widen the frame

Do you mean the saddle on the bike at the moment, you dont think it would look too skinny once I stick the 24 x 65's on it? I might put it back on but I am now thinking of a Brooks B72. I realise ther are other saddle types out there but since I have used the B73 on my Minion I have really fallen in love with the Brooks.

Thanks for the FYI on Felt sizing. I will be more than happy with the new 65mm rims and I cant wait to get the Hoggy G's on :D . I dont mind playing about on the Little as it is my toy and I dont want to change the originality of the Minion or the Shelby.

I suspect (since you are already questioning the proportions thing) that you wont be satisfied until you try a bigger saddle. Aw, gee.....then you will have to get another bike to put this one on!

seadragon said:
Do you mean the saddle on the bike at the moment, you dont think it would look too skinny once I stick the 24 x 65's on it? I might put it back on but I am now thinking of a Brooks B72. I realise ther are other saddle types out there but since I have used the B73 on my Minion I have really fallen in love with the Brooks.

Thanks for the FYI on Felt sizing. I will be more than happy with the new 65mm rims and I cant wait to get the Hoggy G's on :D . I dont mind playing about on the Little as it is my toy and I dont want to change the originality of the Minion or the Shelby.

No it wont look too skinny I think...
But you could also try the black or the aged B66 (but for the aged one you should use the matching aged grips).

... oh and if you want to change the saddle and you have no use for the Team Pro Vans I would recycle it for you. :wink: :mrgreen:

Thx I will keep it in mind re the Vans saddle :). When I get my new rims/tyres I will post a pic and you can tell me what you think. I do like the Brooks grips on there already, in black. I have the same grips on my My Minion but cant work out if they are the brown ones or the aged ones, hard to tell on online pics.

I think I have changed my mind on a possible new saddle too. I am thinking now of the Brooks Flyer S special in brown and with the brown grips would look good I think

Well I now have it as I want it, my new amazing wheels have arrived from Mode bikes, CA, they look awesome.

I have a few tweaks to get the rear hub to fit but you can see what I will end up with, I love it it now, just what I wanted

IMG00354-20120324-1329.jpg

IMG00352-20120324-1329.jpg

IMG00351-20120324-1328.jpg

IMG00355-20120324-1330.jpg

Back