Felt Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tater said:
Here's my home grown Felt MP. I put this one together from bits scrounged from eBay and forum member, rydr1.

DSC00568.jpg

DSC00573.jpg

Nice. I was waiting for someone to put the berms on these bikes. Much better then the bricks I think.

Cool bike. Good comment about the tires, I agree. Looks really authentic.

Tater, you have been keeping the progress underground. I didn't expect for you to have finished it this soon. You always do good work on these bikes. The bike looks much better than the stock felt Hawaii version that felt made.

Did you install a bracket to hold the rear rack or did you weld tabs onto the aluminum frame?

The tires look great on it too.

Guys, thanks for the compliments. I really like the way the Berm Master knobbys rounded out the look of this one. I didn’t set out to use Berms. Originally, I had a pair of Felt Circuit tires on it. I stumbled upon the knobbys in a box of tires and decided to toss them on for grins. I’m glad I did.

Hey Robert, I’ve been hitting on the MP whenever I can steal some time. I’m up to my eyeballs with work on Ender’s Game until July, so working on the bikes when I can is a nice distraction. For the rear rack mounts, I aluminum brazed OEM style lugs I got from Nova Cycles to your Troy Lee frame. 8)

Shot of the lugs:
DSC00578.jpg

Here'a a few changes to my 68.
After crashing it a few months ago I put on a new set of bars into the clip-on mounts and found a nice spot of the mirror out of the way and protected from breaking it. New Brooks seat and found a panner rack to fit the bike with very little mods to the frame so I could start riding it to work. The bags are rather large because I need to bring alot of stuff to work with me.

DSC02907.jpg

DSC02906.jpg

DSC02905.jpg

BigAl, those are some nice changes to your bike. If you have any pics of the rear rack to share post them up.

A few updates on my bikes :
I ended up installing a different chainring on the 68. Now riding this thing will give me a good work out. I have to install a longer chain so it can shift properly. :oops:

I also ended up finding one of the MP siblings and boy is this thing pretty beat up. My other MP became a family bike for now. :mrgreen:

IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

WOW rydr thats a big ring on your 68 your going to get hulking legs pumping that LOL. Love your MPs since one is a little beat put some Felt nobbies on it and patina the frame a little its seen battle.

Here's those close-ups of the rack. I used a old seat collar to clamp the top mount and drilled and tapped O.E.M. metric the bottom drop-outs.

DSC02921.jpg

DSC02922.jpg

DSC02923.jpg

big Al, thanks for sharing those pics. The set up looks really clean.

Its interesting how I can never capture how beat up my bikes are. The MP I just came up on has rust on certain areas from the frame to the fenders, so some knobbie tires and leaving it out longer in the weather will make it look good. :D

Thanks for the heads up on the bags.

gcrank1 said:
Im thinkin' those arent leather at 100% waterproof and the ad copy didnt specify leather, but, the new gen 'leatherettes' often are pretty good.

As Ricardo Montelban would say, "The finest Corrrrrinthian Pleather" - for those who might remember that old commercial. LOL I kind of figured they may not be leather for that price, but they'll serve the purpose perfectly.

:x :( I just crashed again! I came around this corner and just then a parked car opened it's door and I grabbed a hole lotta brake and droped it right side down. He got to keep his door and I get to replace another set of bars, a brake handle and new grips. Oh and I get to replace alot of skin too :roll: Somebuddy doesn't want me to enjoy my 68. :|

I've been helping out my LBS by doing some assemblies at home after work. So far nothing with fat tires, fenders and coaster brakes but I'm working on him.. This is the latest batch of about 12 or so builds over the last week. The prior stuff was all carbon and aluminum road and triathalon and a couple of mtb's. Thought I'd share this road bike because of the color scheme. All Shimano 105 with FSA cranks, carbon fork and seatpost.

050412001.jpg

050412002.jpg

050412003.jpg

BMX fleet
050412005.jpg

"Monster Green", check out the tapered fork legs and chain stay's
050412004.jpg

chain adjusters
050412009.jpg

close up of the matte blue one with safety orange accents
050412007.jpg

this color was called Hibachi, only one with a brake cable rotor and a front loader stem
050412008.jpg

050412006.jpg

i have to say these bikes went together great, typical overtight hub bearings and minor wheel truing. Lots of nice little deails like color coordinated cable ends and stuff like that. the BMX pedals were plastic but you diehard guys probably have specific types you like so I can understand going cheap there.

Walker, that is a sweet gig. I like some of the triathlon and road bikes, but they cost more than I can afford on a bike.

thanks for sharing the pics.

Back