FearSteer (a.k.a. crash and burn)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What else has changed? They redesigned the "Binitman Valve" but the old style hammaknocker still works to install it......

On a somewhat more serious note, my motor capacitor came in yesterday, front forks, and my local skateboard shop happened to have in stock sealed bearings a size I think I can use. I was going to use one of my hi-ten forks but I needed 135mm front dropout spacing and I found this open box fork for $60.:) At my slow pace, that saves me a day or so. I hope these 16 brgs are enough to work for my hub-less/spoke-less rear steer wheel. 20230723_085625.jpg
20230723_081855.jpg

I got the Delrin on the rear steer fork for low friction and slid it into the frame. I know a welding blanket isn't sexy but it was quick and easy for a backdrop. Here is an overall pic of what I had envisioned. Cranks to be installed where the 2 down tubes meet near the front bottom. Other items I will be doing is rolling out a metal disc to cover the front wheel/motor.The open nature of the rear wheel (this is 80%+ of what the hubless wheel will look like). Some fine additions of diamond plate (thank you pickup truck for the free broken tool box) accents for rear fender, cranks, hidden battery storage, and old Schwinn front light.
I'm not sure about the flat black frame paint with a few smatterings of color on the diamond plate. I'm up for suggestions..........
20230726_094829.jpg20230726_103054.jpg
20230726_102852.jpg

I see the light at the end of the tunnel! Yea, it's a train...... With trying to incorporate too many aspects for the very first time building a bike, I bit off more than I could chew (my health didn't help either). Looks like a DNF for me but I am still VERY excited about by Build and will see it come to fruition. I think of new ideas weekly and take inspiration from what I have seen. I learned a lot from the Community and had some fun (and frustration) along the way..........md

Was wanting to see you ride this hope you get to finish it up.
Thanx for the input Brian, I plan to finish this one before moving on to anything else serious (bike related). but 1st mamma wants her back porch finished. Once voting settles down, I'll ask Admin if I should move the thread to ??.......md.......:rolleyes:

Thanx for the input Brian, I plan to finish this one before moving on to anything else serious (bike related). but 1st mamma wants her back porch finished. Once voting settles down, I'll ask Admin if I should move the thread to ??.......md.......:rolleyes:
I can move it now if you want to

Latest posts

Back