Fat tires

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Electra Vintage Diamonds are another option, they run 26 x 2.35, kinda overlooked if you ask me...... :roll:

http://store.electrabike.com/eSourc...D_TIRE__Black__26_x_2_35_/i_0_0_/_688464.aspx

688464_LG.jpg

Good luck dude.

Cheers,
Dr. T

No, I live 180 miles east in Davenport, Iowa. My sister lives in DM though.I only get up there about once or twice a year. If I get back to work and can afford the trips, I want to get back to Ichi. I was up there about a month or so. I bought a Shelby ShockEase Fork from them. Sam was working that day and called Dan for the price on the fork. Seems like good folks. I hope to meet Dan someday .

Nightrider said:
Are you from DM. Dan @ Ichi is a longtime friend of mine!

Man, wish i knew they had a shockease fork! Very cool shop. Dan is the one that got me into rat bikes. Been to Davenport a few times, I remember seeing the Pixies there at (Cole Ballroon?) back in 92 or 93 during a snowstorm. After the show we were throwing snowballs at thier tour bus.
Mounted up the streamlines and took it for a spin
IMG_20130213_202439_zps4e80fe91.jpg

Very nice riding tire, and the price ($6), what? I'm going to try and get atleast one more set!

I put my first set of Streamliners on an old Scwhinn ATB, converted to single speed with a coaster, we had our youngest daughter's 1st b-day party and my parents were there, the tires had just gone on the night before and my dad was taking the bike and skidding my tires all over the road! I guess I burned holes in enough of my bikes growing up that just wanted to get me back. They do skid smooth though, stopping on my motorized bike with just a coast brake is kind of sketchy.

Hi! I glanced through all the posts on this thread and I noticed there wasn't any mention about the tire pressure of the tires you are talking about. My fighting weight is very near 300 pounds so tire inflation is extremely important to me. I'm not that familiar with most of the tires suggested so I will comment on the ones I use with great success - the Fat Franks. I've used them on two different builds and couldn't be happier because they have a max inflation rating of 65 psi. Trust me when I say the rolling resistance between 40-45 psi and 65psi is dramatic. For all you light weight riders it may not be as big an issue but still quite a difference. I stand by the Fat Franks in that department! Robert

Road Master said:
Hi! I glanced through all the posts on this thread and I noticed there wasn't any mention about the tire pressure of the tires you are talking about. My fighting weight is very near 300 pounds so tire inflation is extremely important to me. I'm not that familiar with most of the tires suggested so I will comment on the ones I use with great success - the Fat Franks. I've used them on two different builds and couldn't be happier because they have a max inflation rating of 65 psi. Trust me when I say the rolling resistance between 40-45 psi and 65psi is dramatic. For all you light weight riders it may not be as big an issue but still quite a difference. I stand by the Fat Franks in that department! Robert

I'm 6'5" and weigh 310 and air up my Fat Franks and Solanas at 45 psi.

Streamliners were $6.00 each today...I currently have 10 pairs at home, but I have higher priced receipts for some when they were $10, so I'm going to return them at my Walmart that doesn't stock them, then pick up a few more pairs at the one that does. I think they still had 5 or 6 pairs left. I like the way they look, and if I get tired of them they are still a cheap tire to put on the girls cruiser I'm going to unload in the spring.

Nightrider said:
Kingfish, those redlines do look SWEEET! on Flexi. I wouldn't strip them either.
Oh, just got back from walfart, picked up a set of streamliners(only 2 left) for $3 each. With those being so cheap, I can still get a set of Franks (unless someone steps up with a set of Hank's).Hank's and Frank's, kind of funny.
Thanks for all the input, wouldn't have found the $3 tire deal without you all!
Johnny

Funny you should say Hank and Frank. Maybe I should build a bike with a Hank up front and Frank in the back so that I could finally use this headbadge that I have.

hankWP_000583.jpg

That's freaking funny! Kingfish, you've goota build that one!

Or................................................................................................................................................................,With Mike and Frank on 'em.
297825_269827319694799_5886485_n_zpsfa5e222c.jpg

yoothgeye said:
I want mine to say "Mike Frank" and have one of the guys short and wide and the other tall and thin.

That Hank and Frank is actually from a SF Bay Area bike shop that still exists, but the current owner doesn't care at all about the old history of the place. I picked that badge up from someone here a couple of years ago. I just thought it was cool.

Back