Fat Tire Rat Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"RATICAL" The fat tire, flame throwin' rat bike. The flame throwers use a propane torch hooked up to 5/16" fuel line. They light up using an universal electronic ignition for a BBQ .
ratical1.jpg

ratical3.jpg

ratical2.jpg

right click, save picture as.... :mrgreen:
Cool!!! Saw it on FBN and dug the heck out of it!!!Thanx :D :D :D

Here's more. Frame is made from a beat up set of SBC headers, 1.5" conduit, 3/8" rebar, 18 speed MTB, scrap sheet metal & other bike parts. The rear tire is a worn out BFG Comp Drag Radial,315 60R 15 that used to be on my 72' Chevy pick-up. The wheel is an antique 10" x 15" 5 slot aluminum mag by Universal Wheel. I referenced Atomic Zombie plans for the axle & jackshaft. Seat is a 2" foam glued to the sheet metal pan/fender. The rats head is 2 pcs. sheet metal hammered to shape & welded together around the head tube and has wheel spokes for wiskers. The rats tail is 3/8" rebar ground to a not so sharp point. After sandblasting I painted it w/ gray epoxy primer then gave it a coat of flat black, applied painted graphics then wet sanded whole bike to give it a weatherd look. Flame throwers use a propane torch mounted using 3" muffler clamps with braided steel hose that runs to 5/16" fuel line.The fuel line has a brass T-fitting then runs to both sides thru the frame to the baloney cuts. I used an universal electronic BBQ ingnition that has a push button switch powered by a AA battery routed along the frame to the baloney cuts where the spark ingnites the propane. The front forks are custom made from MTB forks & conduit w/ steel plate to strenghen them & has a hammerd sheet metal skull mounted above the brakes. It's a big hit wherever it goes & won a best float trophy in a local parade on it's first day on the street.
Thanks for the comments.
Don
Scap Yard Choppers

ricksterr1221 said:
AWWWWESOME! Id ride it 2 school ;D
See what you're missing on our rides! Scrappy Ron, Don's son, rode this last Sunday and kept me warm every so often by riding in front of me! Don let me take it for a spin. Takes a little getting used to but I love a challenge! After all I married one! :lol:

Dude, that is simply awesome..finally a use for all those old small block chevy headers !! Lovin' the top fuel Harley look with that..plus the bonus of not needing a kickstand !! Ballpark me on the weight of that thing..truely a piece of art right there !!

Thats just sick! I love it. How about a forward mounted flamethrower for reverse thruster braking power! :D If that fails you can melt whatever is foolish enough not to get out of the way! :shock:

MadMick said:
scrapyard don said:
It weighs approx. 120lbs.

Featuring a front brake with 12lbs of stopping power! Great bike man.

Back