Fat Franks logo removal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, got some cream Fat Franks, that I think would look nicer if the logos were removed from the side walls.Whats the safest way to remove them, without damaging the tyre.Any tips?

Cheers Charlie

ive heard a heat gun(or maybe a hair dyer....although i dont know if itd get hot enough) will get them right off.

since were on the subject of logo removal anyone know how to get felts lettering off(tried heat gun and no luck tried sanding and itll work but it takes a ton of rubber off to get to the lettering :x )?

sensor said:
rico said:
Huhmmmmmm :roll:

is it wrong that people dont want to advertise?

to be honest i don't have a clue of how to, but i do have the same problem i will like to see my fat frank's with out of the reflective band and logo :!:

I have scrubbed some off bike chain store brand tires with 0000 steel wool before, but no guarantee it will work for you. If your tires have a shiny finish, don't even try. :|

deorman said:
I have scrubbed some off bike chain store brand tires with 0000 steel wool before, but no guarantee it will work for you. If your tires have a shiny finish, don't even try. :|
That Is exacly what i think this tires are not cheap so i personaly will not mess with them :!:

Thanks for the help everyone.I don't want to damage the tyres as they are expensive.I don't mind the logos, but I just think it would look a little bit nicer and older looking.I will take care and give all suggested a go.Thanks again. :)

i would say some cheap flat black(not satin, flat) and just paint over the offending logos, but thats cheesy and wont work well on cream tires. :lol: sandpaper and soapy water is your best bet, maybe try 220 or 200.

is it wrong that people dont want to advertise?[/quote]

Haha, we have the God given right not to ride around advertising what parts are on our bike. But it seems like the more money you spend on a product the more logos its shows.

How about the Hank tires? They have a very thin sidewall, supposed to make it ride better. The logo looks kind of like a sticker, guess its a silk screen. Might have to just paint over them but i would like to sand/polish them off. Anybody want to chime in on these tires?

P1010775.jpg

i used 150 grit sand paper on my schwinn stingray tires...took off a little rubber ..but looks 100% better with all that crap off there!!! just used a little armor all where i sanded and looks fine ..my 2 cents...mike

Back