Fat Flyte ( It's A Rider!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I'm getting tired of seeing this bike being ignored by my work bench so I think I am ready to get started on a most likely long drawn out build. I don't want to rush this and I want to get all the details just the way I want them. Although this bike takes 28" wheels, it is getting fitted with some 26x 2.125". I want it to look like its flyin sittin still so dropped bars are a must but not just any drop bars will do :D I have a few items I have been scrounging up to use on this build so without further ado, here is my CCM Flyte build.

Bikes7011.jpg

Bikes7012.jpg

Bikes7010.jpg

Bikes7002.jpg

Bikes7005.jpg

Bikes7003.jpg

Bikes7008.jpg

Bikes7006.jpg

Bikes7013.jpg

Re: Fat Flyte

This is the second one of these bikes I've seen and its quickly becoming one of my favorites!

Hey HotRodRob,

YOUBUGME2 said:
This is the second one of these bikes I've seen and its quickly becoming one of my favorites!
+1

It looks like you've got some interesting parts in mind.
I'm looking forward to see how you going to build it

Good Luck

Excellent project......can't wait to see it in progress.

HEY WHERE THE CRAP ARE YOU GUYS GETTING THESE FRAMES?!? OH CANADA :oops: AGAIN-AAARGGGHHH!!! PEACE

I would love to have one of these...

When you described this as the '32 Ford of CCM's I think you hit the nail square on the head. These are CLASSIC. Can't wait to see it built up...

Someone needs to figure out how to make those forks!!

Well, nothing too exciting to report yet. I did get the bike all broken down and cleaned up the area on the seat tube that needs to get welded. It wasn't rusty at all but seems to be a stress crack, most likely caused by the design of the frame. So I used a 6" piece of handlebar to put down inside the seat tube for more support. Since I don't have a welder, I took it to a friend of mine (Tinman) who is a wizard with steel and welding. He builds hotrods and has worked on mine so I knew he was the guy I wanted working on the Flyte. He's so busy though, I won't get it back til later next week. :x So far the plan is to paint it the same color as my 32 Ford, which is 54' Buick Titian Red. Its kind of a deep wine red.

Bikes7014.jpg

Bikes7015.jpg

and heres the color it will be

DeuceReborn099-3.jpg

So many good reasons to drool over this thread... the bike, awesome, Ford, beautiful... :D

Well, slowly but surely things are getting done on this. I got the crack tig welded and it came out great. Now, I just dropped it off at a friend of mines place who has restored bicycles for years. He is painting it with the left over paint from my 32 Ford. Everything that rolls out of his shop is a show winner so this aint gonna be cheap, but then again, its no Walmart bike either :lol: No offense to Walmart bikes of coarse :D

Bikes7021.jpg

Bikes7022.jpg

Two things I want, a tig welder.... and one of these bikes.. :D

I showed it to my wife she likes it as well. That could be a good thing if I ever find one, as far as getting it.

Re: Fat Flyte ( Finally Painted)

Finally got the frame back from paint. For any of you who go to Ann Arbor, the guy that always has the Hopalong Cassidy bikes for sale( Don) is the guy that painted it. This was certainly not cheap but well worth it once I saw it. The paint still looks wet. So heres some pics of the beast. You'd never be able to tell the seat tube was broken. This thing is as smooth as glass.

Bikes7033.jpg

Bikes7034.jpg

Bikes7035.jpg

Bikes7036.jpg

Bikes7037.jpg

Bikes7038.jpg

Bikes7039.jpg

Bikes7040.jpg

Bikes7041.jpg

Bikes7042.jpg

Wow :shock: , that is a nice paint job 8)
can wait to see the fork :!:

Looks pretty darn nice dude! That has to be one of the coolest bikes I have seen!

Back