fastback

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, i told you a few weeks back about a chopper bike that my girlfriend found.

we went to see it today...here it is.

the frame says fastback, the chrome rims and fenders are not rusted at all, 3 speed sturmey archer system, , everything seems to be original on it.. other than the paint that is not very nice ecverything else only needs minor ajustment.

and its very fun to ride!

any infos on this thing would be welcome, how much do you think it's worth?

velo001.jpg

velo003.jpg

velo004.jpg

velo005.jpg

velo007.jpg

Kewl!
I have no clue what it would be worth.
What is the date on the rear hub?
Also if push comes to shove I know a guy in Manitoba that has a good handle on the Eaton Gliders in general.

Aaron 8)

wahoonc said:
Kewl!
I have no clue what it would be worth.
What is the date on the rear hub?
Also if push comes to shove I know a guy in Manitoba that has a good handle on the Eaton Gliders in general.
Aaron 8)

hey! if you can get info from that guy i would be greatly apreciated!

thanks

Congrats tartosuc. That's a girl frame Chopper made by Raleigh and sold by Eaton's under the "Glider" namebrand. It's a mark 1 so it dates before 1971 I think. The date on the hub should confirm that. Check for 2 sets of numbers on the hub, month and year of fabrication.

Hey Tarto!

Nice ride! If you wanna sell/trade this cool bike, my daughter would dig riding it! It looks like the frame was welded under the seat. Di d they do a good job? :roll: :D

[email protected]

Thanks, Joe

Only one year

Nice bike. E-mail me at russell_walls(at)yahoo.com remove the (at) and put in @ and I will tell you about one I had once.

yep itd been welded at one spot the werld is strong but not the nicest one i've seen, with some sanding it would come out nice...

i will probably try to sell it on ebay to see how much i can get... my goal when i bought it was to make money out of it to buy something else for my girlfriend...even if the bike ios very fun to ride, its not very pratical on long runs and we like to ride long runs...

whoever wants to buy it send me offers by priate message

U got PM!

I sent you a PM>

Thanks, Joe

tartosuc said:
Easy Skywalker said:
Found a link, turns out this model was never in Europe...
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/catfoodrob/choppers/models/eatons.html

wow thanks for the link

After reading and checking details on the bike it seems that its probably a 1970 model...the hub is 69 but other details indicate 1970...

What is the date on the hub? If it is late in 69 I may well be a 70 model. I have seen some Raleigh's where the up was almost a year older than the bike and that was documented with paperwork.

Aaron 8)

yep hub is 69...

Nice find, there is not many girlies going around these days. In the UK a girlie would go for around £300-£350 / $600 US
You`ve quoted from CatFoodRobs site, fountain of knowledge here in the UK for more info try posting here http://pub19.bravenet.com/guestbook/sho ... 60057&vid= Raleigh Choppers Owners Club messageboard. as for the pic you`ll have to use html tags instead of img
Plus someone does Eaton decals probably Mike Hughes (chopperchap)
Iain

I had a girls Raleigh Chopper allot like that. I know that you can find a date on the hub, there is also one undernieth the seat (thats how I dated mine.) The best place to find dating information for Raleigh Choppers is http://www.rcoc.co.uk you can also register your chopper. That site will also tell you what model it is judging by the numbers undernieth the crank. I dont have my chopper anymore, but they bring about a fair amount of money. I sold mine for $300. heres a picture of it.
JoshsRaleighChopper001.jpg

Back