Fall Break Western Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been gathering a bike and parts getting ready for my Fall Break from college. This is what happened, I'd say not to bad for 3 days of work. I wish I had before pictures, but I always seem to forget it. Just imagine everything chrome being rust, that would be the before. There's not a single part on this bike that hasn't been scrubbed with "bar keepers friend." It was tough fitting those tires into the fenders, it's so close the little new parts of the tire rub all the way around.

DSC00629.jpg

DSC00641.jpg

DSC00646-Copy.jpg

DSC00637.jpg

DSC00636.jpg

DSC00643.jpg

Found a pretty bad cell phone shot of what the bike looked like before. The only things I've replaced are seat, grips, pedals, and tires. You can really see how rusty the rims are in this picture.
1005001538.jpg

Nice. During my fall break I painted the headlight, fenders, rack, and accessories for some of my projects. I wish I could tinker with bikes all year round

Yeah the major breaks are about the only time to get anything done, especially since I live in a dorm. Not exactly a lot of room to work on a bike.

I love middleweights with big tires....looks great!!!!!

Back