Ever seen this sticker?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1009230008.jpg

I borrowed my uncles bike, for a ride my wife and I were going to attend, and when I was washing it I came across this. The bike seemed to ride just fine, so I'm wondering, what's the scoop?

translation.

We here at murray shipped this bicycle out in kit forum to our dealers as a promotional item.

we have no idea what sorta meatball assembled it.
if it falls apart and causes bodily injury, we don't wanna hear about it.

you've been warned.

well, thats the impression it gives me. :lol:

To me it says rare "display only" model that was sent out to stores to show off the bike's good looks then they slap you with the real bike that is ugly in comparison and even more poorly put together but is government approved! :lol:

i actually saw a similar sticker yesterday on a display model baby stroller at target. (by the way, im disapointed with their bike section.) my wife was shopping for her best friends shower and asked me what it meant. i looked it over and it seemed solid. funny thing is, some people who buy and assemble stuff themselves are worse than the assemblers at big box stores. so i guess my next build will be assembling a stroller. 8)

It's on this bike.
1009230004.jpg

I'm not sure how long my uncle has had this bike, but he told me that he has ridden it.The only difference I can find is the missing 1-800-help sticker and model sticker that's usually down by the bottom bracket.

icyuod2 said:
translation.

We here at murray shipped this bicycle out in kit forum to our dealers as a promotional item.

we have no idea what sorta meatball assembled it.
if it falls apart and causes bodily injury, we don't wanna hear about it.

you've been warned.

well, thats the impression it gives me. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When I worked in a hobby shop we use to get display models with tags similar to this all the time. Sometimes it was because the display model was inferior to the actual product but sometimes it was because it was built better the the actual product. This was because the manufacturer wanted to be sure it would hold up to all the people abusing it as they tested it. Think in terms of General Motors giving a car to Motor Trend mag for testing. You don't give junk out to someone who's gonna try to run it into the ground.
This was probably a bike that was taken to distributors/dealers to test before making an order. Maybe even a pre production sneek peek of a future model that was coming out.

Latest posts

Back