ever had a really bad day as a biker?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was sposed to ride my bike home from the senior home today. well heres all that went wrong:
-someone spilt icecream on my bars
-one tire was low
-a thorn in the other tire
-the headtube nut had managed to get overtightened and ruin the bearings (so i couldnt turn)
- the rear drum seemed to have exploded (thats the only way i can describe it)
- and my whole ride was uphill
-chain popped off three times
-brake strap ripped
all this while wearing a purple polo, yes you read that right.
it was scary, and angering, and all i wanted to do was throw KRUSH on the side of the road and walk away, but i didnt. found someones wallet while walking. thank goodness there was no money in there, cause that might have been nice, and yes tried to return it, but the guy asked if i could bring it to his house since i had his buss passes. his house on the other side of the hill that ruined my bike.so finally while dealing with everything up there ^^^ i got to go down the back side of the hill. it was good and wobbly since i couldnt turn smooth, and a van decides to do a u turn and stopped in the middle of the road. one of those days

063.jpg

imma give it a week and call that batman wallet mine.
i went to check out the bike this morning and i honestly dont know what the heck is up with it. head bearings are blown out (this is the second time) and so are the bearings in the rear hub. so i dont know whats going on exactly

I don't know about posting pics of someones wallet on the web :? And I thought you returned it :?:

cruisehard said:
Ya might want return the wallet to the owner...ya know, imo karma always wins. Looks like you could use some also. (good karma that is)
What he said... Not to mention, seems the guy is disabled from his ID card, at least drop it in the mail to him. Would definitely be a smart move after a day like that, every now and then good comes back to ya. Even if it doesn't, you did the right thing in the end and that should be reason enough... :roll:

I'll stop preaching now. Sorry about your rough day, but it could have been worse- you could be disabled, and not be able to even ride a bike. ;)

LarzBahrs said:
Didnt he already ask you to bring it to him?? That doesnt sound right to keep it after you found its owner :shock:
wow, i didnt post that. i got a call back and he told me that it wasnt a necesity. apparently its been lost a while and he already replaced the cards. he asked me about the money in it. . .so apparently i wasnt the first to find it. so pretty much i found a batman wallet with some expired bus passes in it

the first time i called he was being kinda rude, and i was ticked. so it wasnt a good combo. we did talk today though and he gave me the story. he rides to the vfw over the hill and apparently lost it at a stop. that was in december. he said he lost 40 bucks but luckly there was nothing like a credit card. i asked if he wanted to meet at the vfw because i volunteer there. he said its all good and that he got a new wallet for christmas.

note:i feel stupid, i hit save on this message

also, thought it was kinda funny, he said i needed to get a car because "even if he could use his legs perfectly, he still wouldnt ride that hill"

He expects his wallet to be brought to him? Incredible!

I found a wallet filled with 50's in a dryer at the barracks when I was in the Navy. I tracked the guy down in the other end of the barracks, him and his buds getting ready to go out. I appeared at the door and asked if everyone had their ID's. He looked panicked when he couldn't find his wallet. I tossed it to him and he immediately looked for the fifties. He breathed a sigh of relief and went back to getting ready to go out. Not a thank you or anything.

I would never ask someone to bring my lost wallet to me, I would find a way to pick it up.

thats what im thinking. just some good luck would help right now. the bikes almost fixed, got to find some metal strap for the brake but thats it. had a much better cruise today, caught afew compliments, and found my lady friend out on her huffy, so i guess its all good. the wallet got washed and i made sure that none of the cards were necesity or any good then cut them up so no one uses them. karma i guess.

id be interested to hear how you got hit twice in one day. haha. ive been hit three times by the same lady (only once on bike) but never in one day

Sorry about the bad day, there will be better ones. Volunteering is great so you got good kharma already headed your way and he should have met you somewhere convenient at a convenient time for you so don't worry about that. Kinda rude to want you to bring it to him, sounds like he's having bad kharma judging by his condition......

I was on a training ride on my road bike with 3 buddies, and I was the last guy in line. We're crossing over a drawbridge, hugging the right side of the road like we're supposed to. All of a sudden my bike starts leaning over like crazy and I look back and realize there's an old lady in a Toyota driving up my back tire. I unclipped and jumped off to the right side, hitting her hood with my shoe as I go over. She was seriously about 98 years old, and tried telling the police that I fell in front of her. Fortunately there were about a dozen people walking across the bridge that saw it happen and told them she ran me down. If it hadn't been for the 10" high steel curb she'd have been on the sidewalk.
That happened at about 10:00 in the morning. We dragged the remains of my bike to my buddy's bike shop right down the street and hung out there for a bit. I patched up my wounds, mostly road rash but there was a nice gash on my thumb from the steel grating. He lent me his old bmx bike and I headed for home, about 5 miles away. About halfway home I'm crossing a street, and some dude comes flying out of a shopping mall without looking right and I slammed into and over his hood. He slammed on his brakes and looked at me as if I did something wrong. I jumped up and lost it...I picked up the bike and slammed it on his hood a few times and I think I kicked hs door, screaming the whole time. He looked terrified and I think he was trying to apologize, but I just took off for home, with more road rash and a bent front rim. I bet he learned to look right though.
Fun day.

Back