England Robin Hood

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At my wife's father's land, i spotted a handlebar in a rv. So i went in and found a robin hood bike and everything was original on it. I have no idea what year and model it is (maybe 1967?). It is a girl bike and in wowie shape. Maybe i will detail it up and storage it somewhere to prevent getting it rusted because the rv has hole in the ceil and rain can get through it. Here some pictures, i tried to geta good shots but that bike is surrounded with wasps!!

100_1667.JPG

100_1668.JPG

100_1669.JPG

100_1670.JPG

100_1671.JPG

100_1672.JPG

100_1673.JPG

100_1674.JPG

100_1675.JPG

100_1676.JPG

100_1677.JPG

100_1678.JPG

Re: I found a treasure!

Cool bike. Looks like the Robin Hood I picked up at a garage sale a few years ago. Mine has a 1969 SA 3 speed and a 1969 Wichita license plate that I believe is original to the bike. In fact your Robin Hood is from the same bike shop that mine is from, Hamiltons Bicycle Shop, Wichita Kansas. Whats really neat is that, Hamiltons is where I bought my Sting Ray with 2 speed kickback, back in about 1965 ( wish I had that bike, little brother said it got stolen after I moved away from home ), the owners of Hamiltons were neighbors.
Here is my Robin Hood.
bikes009.jpg

Oops! I thought i posted this in bike gallery..... :?

Genom - Thanks! I will have to check the hub and see what stamped on it.

deorman - I wondering too. Will also check that out and hopefully wasp's nest isn't in there. :lol:

dangratsdan - Wow! That is exactly where i suspect it came from as you can see in the last pictures there's the hamiltons sticker on it. Nice robin hood you got there. Was the horn an add on?

Omigosh, look at that headbadge....love it!!

kamamakuza said:
dangratsdan - Wow! Was the horn an add on?

I added the horn. Its not original to the bike. This bike is one that gets loaned out on occasions. Added the horn so a lady could make some noise while riding in a parade a couple of years ago, and she look classy and had a blast on that bike.

You've got a lot more to work with than I did. This now my daughter's, a 67 Robin Hood, found on trash day.
I was surprised at how well the original paint shined up.

nf0e2d.jpg

r29205.jpg

That was one of Raleigh's brands. They'd give dealers exclusive deals for their territory and then sell other brands to competing dealers. Pretty much the same as a Raleigh Sport of its day.

Back