engine kits

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any one know about these engine kits? I'm looking at the 48-50cc 2 stroke kit. Question is there are so many: skyhawk, starfire, jet...etc... is one better than the other?
Thanks!

They are all about the same, just different components in the kit. One may have a better chain tension-er, chrome muffler instead of black, better controls, different color tank, They say 49cc-80 cc but truth is it is they are all 66cc and they either round up or round down.

outskirtscustoms said:
They are all about the same, just different components in the kit. One may have a better chain tension-er, chrome muffler instead of black, better controls, different color tank, They say 49cc-80 cc but truth is it is they are all 66cc and they either round up or round down.

I agree with most of it but the last part. My engine kit is a 68.5cc, which is what all the 60-80cc kits are, but they do sell actual 49cc kits for people who are worried about the law, and truth be told, the 49cc kits have almost the same performance as the "bigger" ones.

I am running a kit from eBay and from what I can see it wouldn't have been worth more money for one of the "name brand" kits because this is no daily driver, just a toy.

Murray-Eliminator said:
I have heard that some have sleves instead of bearings on the rod?. so i would ask

This is true, most kits are catching up and they say in their ad whether they have bushings or bearings.

Back