Engine Help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me start off by saying I'm pretty new to this... But, I was wondering if there are any resources out there on how to put an engine on a bike. I'm not so much looking for a pre made kit. I was thinking more along the lines of finding an engine on craigslist that I could put on it.

Any recommendations? How many CC's? A particular engine that has worked well for you in the past? How to mount it, what kind of sprockets, chains, etc... Are there any good write ups out there documenting a build from start to finish?

IAny resources would be helpful! Thank you!

The big thing is trying to find a motor that doesn't have too much power. Something like a 3.5 horse Briggs would be more than enough power to haul butt. I know there is a tutorial for this exact thing but I can't find the link right now.

I installed a grubee skyhawk GT5 gas engine on a cruiser I bought at Wal-mart, so I wouldn't destroy a classic.. They sell an entire kit with everything you need at Gasbike.net. I'm not extremely mechanically inclined but after a bit of trouble shooting I got it running like a dream in about 8 hours. Now I ride it to school (12 miles) several times a week to save gas.

Hope this helps.

Back