ElgIndian - 1927 Elgin Boardtracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope the weather cooperates soon, I think we all want to see this one finished.

Unless something catastrophic happens, it WILL get finished! So I guess you all need to pray for no catastrophes!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the cool details continue to roll in on this build.
Excited to see this one painted and put back together too.

Work meeting doodles...

3d1127ea68dc32cd2d78965ba0f12d55.jpg

They both look cool.
The first one is a little fancier, and if you put B4C on the number plate you might not need it on the badge.(I'm assuming that's what these are for)

The one on the right more closely resembles the Elgin badge, and is a little simpler. Might fit well.

Tough decision to make, but personally; I'd go with the one on the right.

I just faxed a copy of this to your boss. He says he really likes the one on the right. And he hopes you are really good at this 'rat rod bikes' building thing; cuz you will be having a lot of spare time on your hands soon.....:21:

I just faxed a copy of this to your boss. He says he really likes the one on the right. And he hopes you are really good at this 'rat rod bikes' building thing; cuz you will be having a lot of spare time on your hands soon.....:21:

Bwahahahah!!!!

The right one is on the right...looks about right.

Nice brackets ! glad you were abble to find some brass locally :thumbsup:
can't wait to see that emblem come to life

Thanks, Luke!

This actually isn't paint...it's a rust converter. Knock the big/loose stuff off with a wire brush, spray it and it chemically converts the rust to a paintable primer.

aa88a0a06fb0b7cb262fad6e27e68a40.jpg

These parts, though, will not see an additional coat of color...I'll be keeping the patina appearance!!

Last edited:
Thanks, Luke!

This actually isn't paint...it's a rust converter. Knock the big/loose stuff off with a wire brush, spray it and it chemically converts the rust to a paintable primer.

aa88a0a06fb0b7cb262fad6e27e68a40.jpg

These parts, though, will not see an additional coat of color...I'll be keeping the patina appearance!!

:thumbsup:
i hope this brand work for real ,the one i used on my brother's build did not , and the rust is coming through the paint:oops: duplicolor is good stuff usually so maybe its alright

I like how both badge designs pay tribute to the Elgin V badges, but also to Indian with the script and feathers. Either one is super cool.

Back