elgin repaint update

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
almost finished, waiting on rack and light
w6tqo0.jpg
2evww3t.jpg

Man, that looks great. My only opinion would be all white tires, I can see it in my head and it looks killer.

thanks necessaryevil i was thinking the same thing about the white tires so i order some this bike peddles hard but it coast for ever

I'm parting out the ladies Elgin (photo in my fresh finds post) just pulled the rack tonight. My frame and yours have the same laid back seat post so they must be similar vintage.

thanks on the replies on the rear rack i found one im sorry for the delay in responce my computer been giveing me a bad time \\thanks again //

well now that im finished my build off bike ..i went to put the rack i bought for the elgin it was the wrong rack .and it was junk ..just like the front light i bought .. so i think ill put it for sale or take offers on it maybe :? the back rim has a little bend in it but its not bad i ride it just like it is .its a spray can paint job decals are all painted except the lines on the fenders and chain guard i was told its between a 1938--41 serial#is staggerd #f153560 and under the serial# it has a 6h stamped also. i wanted to finish it .iwas going to buy another set of elgin rims on here the white rims with the blue lines on them . and another rack and front light but i think ill let some one else finish it if i get a decent offer.. :? i have never shipped a bike, but i could bring it down to find out how much if it needed to be shipped.

rnchoppers said:
its a spray can paint job decals are all painted except the lines on the fenders and chain guard.

Man, that a nice paint job!
What kind of paint did you use? Did you clearcoat it also?

well i had it i... bought a rack and a light for it when i reseaved the parts i threw them i was disapointed im selling it now the bike is between 1938-41 i dont know for sure its what i was told threw here the only thing wrong is the rear rack is missing and the fr fender light but they are for sale on here all the time . the back rim has a slite wabble its not true but not bad i drive it the way it is with no prob if you would like to own this bike make me an offer i realy dont want to ship it but if the offer is good i might ship it..im in mass

Latest posts

Back