Elgin in a winter melt down

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is how I carry the bike over my shoulder but the cool thing is you can see how raw the frame is down to the brass welding around the tubes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a sculpture at the Lincoln park zoo observatory. "Spirt of space" According to my endomondo app it says it's been 16 miles so 32 miles when I get back home not bad for a Sunday bikeride. Can't wait for summer to get here...

The bike has takin a beating from all the bumps and ice patches on the streets. Thinking I'm going to break it down & clean it up before the next ride...

Hope you guys enjoyed the pictures from this ride. Turned out to be a great ride and I met a lot of people from out of town just enjoying the city like me...

GREAT looking bike. Chicago is one of my favorite places to visit (I've only been in summer, however ha ha ha). Thanks for sharing. You're inspiring me to acquire an Elgin. Cheers

Right here at this point I am over the Chicago river that runs into Lake Michigan. I am directly across the Sears tower (to me the tallest building in the world).

The Chicago River doesn't flow into Lake Michigan, it goes backwards.

The River is also noteworthy for its natural and man-made history. In 1887, the Illinois General Assembly, partly in response to concerns arising out of an extreme weather event in 1885 that threatened the city's water supply,[3]decided to reverse the flow of the Chicago River through civil engineeringby taking water from Lake Michigan and discharging it into the Mississippi River watershed.
] The District completed this man-made hydrologic connection between the Great Lakes and Mississippi watershed in 1900 [5] by reversing the flow of the Main Stem and South Branch of the river using a series of canal locks, and increasing the river's flow from Lake Michigan, causing it to empty into the new Canal. In 1999, this system was named a 'Civil Engineering Monument of the Millennium' by the American Society of Civil Engineers
"I stand corrected"... Glad to know my tours are being appreciated... [emoji605][emoji92]

Love your bike and your pics.
Is there a build thread of it? Would like to know more about it especially wheels.

Thank you.
Thanks... My friend built the bike "Onewheelsqueel" and he did post a build thread but I don't know how to forward it to this one. I'll ask him to...

That bike is awesome. Its like a piece of art. I wouldn't even ride it , Id put it in my living room and I wouldn't care what the wife says . lol
Thanks... It has been in my livingroom but the wife always wins and I end up moving it somewhere else... And I did try and pass it off as art but she didn't buy it...

Back