Elgin at local flea market.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Found this Elgin at a nearby flea market. The chain guard is missing and it's not skip tooth. The rack does not connect at the seat post. I'm not familiar with the kickstand. Don't think it's original. The seat is sweet. Priced at $100. Seems a little high. The dealer wasn't there so I didn't try to find a serial number. Would it be on the bottom bracket?
hutupyba.jpg
I really only want the seat and frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks like the same kickstand that I am using on starsNbars.
$100 seems like a fair price to me.

I'd say if you can even get him to drop a little, jump!
No shipping charges is always a plus even if you're just gonna part it out, you'll easily get your Franklin and then some...

I'd say if you can even get him to drop a little, jump!
No shipping charges is always a plus even if you're just gonna part it out, you'll easily get your Franklin and then some...

I didn't get a chance to go to the flea market last weekend but will be going tomorrow. If he comes off the price at all, I will take it.

Ok, I got the bike today for $75. Serial number is SB 6559, which may make it a 1939 model. Tires are Davis Deluxe, made in USA. Fenders are steel, not aluminum. The rims are painted silver. I've posted pictures below. Any info would be nice.

y3a6asyp.jpg
u2u3y6a2.jpg
yteru4aj.jpg
ypu4ena6.jpg
ny6y2ygu.jpg
u7eredan.jpg
9yzajuby.jpg

I saw a set of those finned hubs on eBay the other day and they went for more than you paid for the entire bike.

Ed

I saw a set of those finned hubs on eBay the other day and they went for more than you paid for the entire bike.

Ed
Wow! I've been cleaning the wheels/hubs and remounted the front wheel. Gave it a spin and finally had to stop it after a few minutes so I could finish what I was doing. The Elgin coaster brake works like a champ.

Why did you want to beat him up on the price?
I have a 39 Girls. Same Badge, Different Kickstand, Same Rear Hub. Different Fenders. Mine is a Skip Tooth. I know mine is all original, I got it from Original Family Member.

Id say it was worth 100., if you like it and put some time into restore.. you know it'll fetch 2+ reselling. Neat Bike~

Id say it was worth 100., if you like it and put some time into restore.. you know it'll fetch 2+ reselling. Neat Bike~
...was worth $100!?
I'd dance all day and into next week at that price... as many times as I could afford any way... He could probably sell the frame and fork for what he paid for the whole bike over and over, and still end up with a killer wheel set.

Back