Electric fat bike walgoose

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm working on a mongoose brutus, almost done except the motor, I've seen them here and there but can't figure out the right kit to use, needs to be a rear direct drive, the cheaper the better, something by ebike?

There are lots of hub motor kits out there, I've had a couple of Golden Motors 901 kits which are the most basic they sell. You can use a disc brake if you buy a disc and spin-on adapter from any of the online sources. You could contact Gary at GM Canada, I've had good success buying from him and he's a lot closer than China. The MP2/3 kits are the newer more powerful generation of GM kits. The MP3 uses an easily replaceable internal controller which makes for a cleaner looking install. The only problem you'll likely have is chain clearance with that fat rear wheel. You may be able to run a multi speed rear cassette and just use the outer sprocket. A lot of the e-mtb guys use RC batteries in a backpack. Check out endless-sphere.com for ideas. :113:

Chain clearance, hmm well I'm running single gear front and rear, 16 rear and... I haven't decided on front but I'm thinking as big as possible, probably going to have to make one cause its either gonna be solid or it's going to have to be really old, as right now I'm just building this thing, when it's done I'm going for a steam punk bobber look, might even go steam power, but that's gonna be hard to find

Latest posts

Back