Electra Sparker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to decide on which Electra I want to purchase. I am currently looking at the sparker. I like the way it rode, and I think for the money I can still sick some dough into it to make it not look so boring. But, I am still hesitant. I searched around the site some and didn't find an answer to my questions. If, I purchase a sparker special, I would want to either put a triple tree style fork or a bent springer fork, is this possible? Also, I would want to switch out the handle bars to something more "drag" like.

Any advice? Or, should I look more into the straight 8, ghostrider bikes to get what I want?

There's no reason that you couldn't run a triple-tree fork on that bike. A springer may/may not need to have the spring perch modified, depending on the head tube length. Just make sure that the fork that you replace the stocker with has the same diameter/type of fork tube. (1" threaded, 1-1/8" threadless, etc.)

I have a electra "cruiser" which is the exact same frame as the sparker but just steel. I put a all black springer front end on mine although I had to cut and lengthen the fork head tube and modify the spring perch to fit. But theres no reason you couldnt run a chopper style fork just get a threadless fork and cut it to whatever length you need.

Thanks guys, do you have a pictures of your bike with the black springer? Is it a bent springer?

I have been to a couple sites, bicycle designer, chopperus, etc and I see they have the triple tree with the 1" threaded design, but the bent springer doesn't seem to come in 1" threaded. Is that the problem I will run into?

Most springers are all 1" threaded ? you sure you dont meen threadless? my springers a reg not bent I didnt want the lowered look on this bike thats reserved for a few of my other cruisers 8) choppersus has 1" chopper forks in 1" threaded and threadless now. its not a very good pic I have more on my phone I can upload later if you want.

SAM_0508.jpg

Oh yeah, threadless I guess its called. While those work? Or, do I have ot get a threaded?

Will the triple tree style give me a lowered look?

I love your bike, especialy the black rims!

Thanks :) I'm happy with how it turned out for now lol. Well a threaded fork will work if you find one that's the same length as what the bike comes with. A threadless fork usually comes wirh a super long head tube so you can cut it down to wherever you want. In my opinion it depends what look your looking for as to what fork you should run.

you have to know what the length of the stock for is before you will know if that fork will fit. like i said above it has to be the same :wink: if its slightly longer by a 1/2 max and you still have enought thread you can run spacers or cut the tube down a little. the one I ordered was too short but I knew that but it was the only one I could find in all black thats why i had to cut and lengthen the tube. IMO a bent springer on a sparker wouldnt look right, the sparker is a "hot rod" kinda bike with a 24x3 out back and 26 up front, if you want the lowrider look use a standard cruiser or coaster they have 26's front and rear.

before you buy a fork, buy the bike, remove the stock fork, and measure the steer tube. then go shopping. i think the triple'd be better than a bent springer, but i think i'd keep the stock fork on a thing like that.

-rob

Yeah, stock sucks! :D Well, i have been emailing back and forth with bikeworldusa to see what I will need to change over to a triple tree.

All you'll need is the standard 25-26" long fork.unless u want it jacked up. if you can find a threaded one great. If not get a threadless one a new threadless head set and a threadless stem and presto chango

UMMMMMMMM..Dear Electra, even though its much easier to use the same photos for the cruiser 1, and the cruiser1 tall, it's pretty ...... disappointing to order a bike and the frame is NOT what is plastered all over the internet, and even on the official electra website. #stupidisasstupiddoes :cry:

Back