Electra Sharkie.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I'd post this here. I believe the bike is sufficiently "ratted" now to post. This is my Electra Tigershark that I bought in December '12

I started with the decal on the rear fender actually. This is the 3rd one I've applied. This time I clear coated over the darn thing so it should stay on! It's an insignia of the 3rd pursuit squad or "Hells Angels" that the flying tigers used which is the theme of the bike. It has a Brooks Flyer saddle and Brooks plump grips. Specialized MTB riser bar and P series front load stem. I used an Origin8 1 to 1 1/8 conversion quill to fit that. I had the 3 inch rear and 2.5 front wheel built by Choppers US using Shimano Nexus 3 speed rear hub. The tires are 3 inch Electra Fatti-Os. I had to put in a 127mm/68 bottom bracket to get the chain to clear the rear tire, so while I had that apart I also installed the Origin8/Lassco (rebrand) crank. Crank Bros 50/50 2s for pedals and Electra rocket valve stem covers. The bag is a Condor MOLLE2 gadget pouch and the rear light is Planet Bikes.

This was pretty new. No real mods. My ladie's Betty in the background.

This is what it looks like today:
[

Link to photobucket gallery: http://s42.photobucket.com/user/Donovan ... t=3&page=2

What say ye?

Nice. Lovin' the Electras anyway, but that's very cool!

I'm glad you changed the tires out, that's the first thing I would of done. Those look like some fancy Brooks grips on there too :)

Just need some nice outdoor shots against a solid backdrop and we've got a Facebook "Bike of the Day!" :wink:

Rat Rod said:
Just need some nice outdoor shots against a solid backdrop and we've got a Facebook "Bike of the Day!" :wink:
COOL!! I'll get some better shots this weekend. I was using my cell phone camera in the garage at midnight after mixing blood and grease for a few hours.

Thanks again for the compliments!

Couple of new shots.

Built NOT bought. This pic shows blood and grease on the rear and crud all over the bike from bleeding and building. Never been washed and it's going to stay the way it is.

Thanks folks! I've been into bikes and fixing them up for 35 years now I guess. This is my first cruiser and has become my favorite bike!

I Don't know if you already answered this but are those wheels 24 x 3 or 26 x 3?,
Love the stance it gives it...I'm having an Indy powder coated and would like to
Fit these, also do you know if can fit the 3" in the front instead of the 2 1/2" ?

Estrad209a said:
I Don't know if you already answered this but are those wheels 24 x 3 or 26 x 3?,
Love the stance it gives it...I'm having an Indy powder coated and would like to
Fit these, also do you know if can fit the 3" in the front instead of the 2 1/2" ?
Rear is 3 inch and front is 2.5. I've seen a lot of this frame with 3 in the front, I just wanted a little rake on the bike. They are 24X front and back. I liked how the smaller wheels lowered the bike and the Electra Fatti tires only came in 24 anyway. The only issue is that the fender sits a little high now so I have to figure out a way to lower that without ruining the fender struts. May have to buy some and chop them.

Back