Electra Hawaii Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPE

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pics of my latest build. The bike is an Electra Hawaii that I bought on Craigslist.

When I first got it:
DSC02584.jpg

DSC02583.jpg

DSC02585.jpg

The flowers and brown spray paint just weren't cutting it:
DSCN1428.jpg

DSCN1426.jpg

DSCN1429.jpg

DSCN1430.jpg

After sandblasting and clear coating:
DSCN1432.jpg

DSCN1433.jpg

Fender and chain guard installed:
DSCN1435.jpg

DSCN1434.jpg

DSCN1437.jpg

Mini apes installed:
DSCN1459.jpg

DSCN1460.jpg

Bent springer fork installed. With this mod, I'm basically done:
DSCN1468.jpg

DSCN1467.jpg

DSCN1473.jpg

man that is pretty. did you sandblast then clearcoat the bare metal? or is it a greay paint? either way it looks great. what brand springer did you use?

cave12man said:
man that is pretty. did you sandblast then clearcoat the bare metal? or is it a greay paint? either way it looks great. what brand springer did you use?
I had the frame, fenders and chaing guard media blasted. I then hand sanded them with some 80 grit to get the "raw" look. After that I hit all the pieces with four coats of Rustoleum clear coat.

The springer is a generic from http://www.socalicustom.com . They were really slow to ship it. It is pretty nice except I need to come up with a solution for the bottom ball-bearing assembly as my old bearing kit won't fit the new fork so the steering isn't as smooth.

Hey - you bent springer concept is EXACTLY what I would like to do; did you have to go with shorter cranks? By the looks of your photos, it appears not...

Is that, simply, a 26" bent fork?

Bike looks awesome - nice job!

Please let me know...thanks!

Dana Joe said:
Hey - you bent springer concept is EXACTLY what I would like to do; did you have to go with shorter cranks? By the looks of your photos, it appears not...

Is that, simply, a 26" bent fork?

Bike looks awesome - nice job!

Please let me know...thanks!
It is simply a 26" bent fork with the cranks that came with the Electra Hawaii. I did not have to go with shorter cranks.

Dana Joe said:
Curious - are you scraping pedals with that crank setup?
Sorry for the late reply - haven't checked this thread in some time. The only scraping I was getting was around sharper turns. You really have to pay attention as to where the pedals are - otherwise it will scare the heck out of you when you jam the pedal into the ground.

It would look great with a little bit of bright red thrown in there. Although I am partial to hot red and bare steel. I've got my 41 Snyder done in a bright red classic two-tone but with bare steel as the primary "color".

Hey there - thanks for the reply! I finally have pictures posted of my build, check 'em out!

How is the thing to steer - difficult?

Finally, is the fork one you ordered online? If so, from where?

Thanks man!

Dana Joe said:
Hey there - thanks for the reply! I finally have pictures posted of my build, check 'em out!

How is the thing to steer - difficult?

Finally, is the fork one you ordered online? If so, from where?

Thanks man!
Your bike looks great. My bike wih the bent springer was hard to steer - you really couldn't do much other than nice easy cruises. Because of that, I have now switched back to a regular fork. I ordered the springer from SoCaliCustom.com . However they were really really slow to ship.

Latest posts

Back