ELECTRA (Folsom Flip) powder coat & gold leaf---

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, after the build-off i figured it wouldn't hurt to "flip" or face lift my commuter bike :?
it's not much of a commuter anymore, but it's way more fun to ride!
my wife gave me the idea after i had "practice striped" the dog house, my work bench, my tool box, the garbage can, and the cabinets in the garage :roll: .... maybe i should try my hand at another bike (i can always do it all over in a build off :wink: )
it's an Electra "straight 8"--------and yes, the basket was for my lunch, but now it's for beer :mrgreen:

BEFORE ----------------------------------------
Bikes023.jpg

AAAAANNNNNNNDDDDD AFTER -------------------------------------------------------
100_1693.jpg

100_1702.jpg

100_1704.jpg

100_1700.jpg

100_1701.jpg

100_1696.jpg

100_1697.jpg

now i'll hang this one up and re-do the 20" :mrgreen:

Re: ELECTRA (Folsom Flip)

i believe i ordered the tall ape hangers? lol very nice and your painting skills are coming along !!

First seatpost mounted grip shift I've seen. I like it!

it's a good stretch to grab them grips, but the only strange thing about it is making a really sharp turn :shock:

it's an Electra "straight 8"--------and yes, the basket was for my lunch, but now it's for beer :mrgreen:
why not for lunch anymore? you get laid off? or just on a liquid diet? you get laid off? :p
looks good and your lines a getting much better :mrgreen:

nope, not laid off..... but i don't think i can fit this thing on the train with me anymore :roll:
just found another bike to use for commuting. it'll be on a build thread soon :mrgreen:

well.... I had to re-do the straight 8 one last time.....
had it powdercoated flake red, and switched to a shorter pair of bars.
added the battery box and 12vlt lights
swapped the saddle for a banana seat
I striped the bike myself (and even tried my hand at gold leaf 8) )
this should get me by until I build my own frame, and help advertise the whole pinstriping venture as well
100_2946.jpg

100_2962.jpg

100_2961.jpg

100_2960.jpg

100_2957.jpg

100_2956.jpg

100_2953.jpg

100_2959.jpg

100_2967.jpg

It looks like the sissy bar on your banana is pretty much vertical.....what size seat is it? 18? 20? 26?

I'm about ot pull the trigger on a banana/sissy bar set up on my straight 8, but i want ot make sure i get the right size.

Back