Electra Bikes - How tall do I have to be?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the topic says.. I'm on the shorter end of the spectrum being 5foot 8inches. I guess that's probably on the shorter end of average, maybe. Anyway, all I know is I'm shorter than pretty much everyone I know. Are there any electra bikes that would just be too big for me? I can't test ride any of them since I'm from norway and there are no importers of electra bikes here. So I gotta do the import myself. Just bought a Townie Balloon 3spd for my sister, and that was somewhat decent size for me if I raised the seat a few inches. The bikes I'm thinking of getting would be something like the Rat Fink or Boney Finger. Maybe even a Hellbilly eventhough the red burns my eyes out (colourblind).

Anyone in here about my size who have any of these bikes or have had them for a spin?

I think Steve is 5 10'' . Seems like he is a little taller than me and I'm 5'9'' .I would think unless you live around basketball players that 5'8'' is pretty much average here in the U S. Most bikes would work for you. I don't think a Townie or a Rat Fink will be too big.

I think I might have grown up around giants or something.. Always been the tiny one, turns out I'm actually average.. I'm probably all set then? Tried to find some schematics for the electra bikes with measurements and whatnot, but didn't find any anywhere.

Hey guys,

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I am 5'6" - a real shorty - and I have the opportunity to buy a barely used 09 Rat Fink. It has the higher apes. Would I fit?

Thanks in advance,

Drew

Do it! I have a 2007 Rat Fink and I love it! I am 5'10" and my Fink has Ape Hangers. The bike sits closer to the ground.

atomiczombie2 said:
Hey guys,

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I am 5'6" - a real shorty - and I have the opportunity to buy a barely used 09 Rat Fink. It has the higher apes. Would I fit?

Thanks in advance,

Drew

Ill tell you one thing, it has never stopped me from purchasing any bike due to my height. I am 5'-6" as well and I owned the Rat fink for a few weeks and you do not have to worry about the apes. As a matter of fact it was a very comfortable bike the way it was. You do have to show off pics one you get it though. :wink:

rydr1 said:
atomiczombie2 said:
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance,

Drew

Ill tell you one thing, it has never stopped me from purchasing any bike due to my height. I am 5'-6" as well and I owned the Rat fink for a few weeks and you do not have to worry about the apes. As a matter of fact it was a very comfortable bike the way it was. You do have to show off pics one you get it though. :wink:

Thanks, this helps a lot. I am waiting to hear if the seller takes paypal, and if he does I will go for it. The bike is pristine, and I don't think $400 is unreasonable for something that has only been ridden a handful of times.

rydr1 said:
Where the heck is Rio-vista? There is one around the los angeles area for $300, i just saw it on CL.

Edit: Found where Rio-Vista is at, by San Francisco, right?

Here you go: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/bi ... 83789.html

A few others are running at about $360

Yeah, I am kinda north-east from SF, about and hour and a half drive away. So Cal is a bit far for me to go pick up a bike :/

My 14yo son rides my Super Deluxe all the time with no problem and he's about 5'5". The seat could even be lowered some too.

caspodium

What part of Norway are you in. I will be in Stavanger in a few weeks for work. Alos one place you could go to get the bike would be Amsterdam chopperdome stocks them.

Back