Electra Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rooski said:
Upgraded to Nexus 7 rear, and Sturmey drum front. Wheels were laced using 3L-3T pattern, with 2 different color spokes.

SWEET Rat Fink!! Love those Finks! :)

Some pics of my Straight 8 and son's mini Straight 8. GREAT bikes that are a lot of fun to ride!

052554f3.jpg

2a8bd3e7.jpg

ab18278b.jpg

180d4527.jpg

0826983f.jpg

341011da.jpg

Hey demzu - Nice Lakester! Best one I've seen. Where did you get the triple trees and did you need to modify them to make them fit?

Lakester_1.jpeg

ED-PV - I know that the jr. S8 is a boy's bike, but I might just have to get one for my daughter when she's old enough to ride.

341011da.jpg

Dr. Tankenstein said:
ED-PV,
I don't think you own a bike that I wouldn't steal! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

These two are prime examples.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Too funny Doc...wouldn't mind having a few of yours also!!

electra said:
ED-PV - I know that the jr. S8 is a boy's bike, but I might just have to get one for my daughter when she's old enough to ride.

Don't think I would call it a boys bike or a girls bike...I think it's just a cool bike any kid would enjoy! I think my son gets more comments from little girls than little boys :)

Custom Electra Balloon Townie 8i.

CustomTownie.jpg

CustomTownierearview.jpg

electra said:
Hey demzu - Nice Lakester! Best one I've seen. Where did you get the triple trees and did you need to modify them to make them fit

Hay! Thanks!

Got the triple tree at my local bike shop, had to cut it to make it fit, but that's nothing impossible. Stock length was 30" and stem was longer than Electra's standard height. Now it's something like 28,5", still longer than Electra forks that Rockabilly etc. shipped with, but I like it.

voodoo curse said:
Yeah they ride really well...but the stock seats SUCK!!! Every Electra seat I've ever come in contact with has made a gang load of noise and the spring nuts loosen and fall off
be careful i fell that way.

3 wheeled wolfy said:
voodoo curse said:
Yeah they ride really well...but the stock seats SUCK!!! Every Electra seat I've ever come in contact with has made a gang load of noise and the spring nuts loosen and fall off

A few drops of oil on and around the front nut that holds the seat 'frame' onto the 'lid' will make that squeaky noise go away immediately!

GameBent said:
3 wheeled wolfy said:
voodoo curse said:

A few drops of oil on and around the front nut that holds the seat 'frame' onto the 'lid' will make that squeaky noise go away immediately!
The whole spring assembly fell off mine :shock:

A SLO Straight 8

Have been lurking around here for some time checking out everyone's bikes and the amazing job done to them so figured is about time I post up a few pics of my Electra Straight 8. I am still working on a few things such as my headlight/tail light along with a few other things I am wanting to change but I am very happy with the way it is coming along.

here it is right after I picked it up along with a pic of Rowdy my stupid dog hehe

IMG_0031-2.jpg

I added a Brooks 167 aged ( I love this seat BTW ) and a suicide shifter.

IMG_0100.jpg

I was going to just use a 8 ball but my uncle was teasing me cuz we are car guys and the 8 ball has been done to death so I had this brass coin that I thought would look kinda cool inset where the 8 would be and it went with the seat post clamp I made (it looks kinda big and unruly ATM because I haven't finished machining it down as the tail light I fabbed up will mount to it when I am finished it). It also matches the copper chain / pedals / bell I added and the head light I am almost finished with.

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0067-1.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

I also did up a springer front end using some bits from a Monark repo fork (made up a new mounting plate today cuz I wanted to change a couple things but don't have a pic to post yet.

I am still farting around with these but almost done just have to make a few changes to the tail light to make it look better.

IMG_0055.jpg

I also did up a springer front end using some bits from a Monark repo fork (made up a new mounting plate today cuz I wanted to change a couple things but don't have a pic to post yet.

I am trying to go for like a Steam Punk thing or board track feel to it and having fun tinkering around with it.

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0097-1.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

When my lazy ... finishes up I will post some updated pics.

Back