Electra Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great thread!

Does anyone have some good advice on how to convert my Nexus 3sp shifter to a suicide shift? I've seen a few on here but links to a build would be awesome.

My first Electra....

Ever seen a coaster with aerobars before?
IMG_6465_1.jpg

My Ghostrider and my sons Schwinn
Photo022.jpg

Hangin with a lowrider
052.jpg

and in case you were wondering what those people were all lookin at...

55 Pre 1916 Motorcycles getting ready to race across country From Kill Devil Hills to Santa Monica in 17 days.
http://www.motorcyclecannonball.com/
Wholegroup02.jpg

removed rear skirts, replaced handlebars, and saddle, used a Nitto North and Brooks B66. Replaced the pedals with Animal. Removed the front light and generator also.
CIMG5787.jpg

A recently acquired Relic has been added to the collection, and I am one happy new owner. All the cool of a vintage cantilever framed bike, but with Nexus 3-spd. and room to comfortably fit an adult-sized frame!

031-6.jpg

029-5.jpg

So far the only mods made are a bell (gratis from the LBS), bow pedals and that uber-cool old saddle bag. 8)

(*Yeah, I know the seat and bars are kinda high and don't look very sleek or low and mean that way, but I ride this baby just about every day, and I'm 6', so this is "actual use set-up".) :wink:

Hammond Eggz said:
A recently acquired Relic has been added to the collection, and I am one happy new owner. All the cool of a vintage cantilever framed bike, but with Nexus 3-spd. and room to comfortably fit an adult-sized frame!

031-6.jpg

029-5.jpg

So far the only mods made are a bell (gratis from the LBS), bow pedals and that uber-cool old saddle bag. 8)

(*Yeah, I know the seat and bars are kinda high and don't look very sleek or low and mean that way, but I ride this baby just about every day, and I'm 6', so this is "actual use set-up".) :wink:

Yeah, I want this bike! Be-a-u-ti-ful!

SWEET!! I absolutely love my Relic. Favorite out of all my bikes...old AND new.

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Hammond Eggz said:

031-6.jpg

029-5.jpg

Yeah, I want this bike! Be-a-u-ti-ful!

Thanks guys.
I'm definitely diggin' it.
Took a while to find one though, even here in SoCal. Then one day my LBS calls and says he finally got one in - great surprise to find one so close - I told him it was SOLD, sight-unseen!
028-7.jpg

I just got mine. At under $250 new the price was too good to pass up! :D
electra.jpg

At 6'1" it's nice to find a cruiser that fits me. My only complaint was that it seemed geared pretty low, but swapping out the 22 tooth on the back wheel with a 19 tooth one cured that. I plan on making this my "homebrew" bike 8)

How do you Cruiser1 owners like them? I was thinking of getting one to motorize this winter ;-)

BarnesTO said:
How do you Cruiser1 owners like them? I was thinking of getting one to motorize this winter ;-)
So far so good...the coaster is a KT/High Stop, I hear it's basically the same as Shimano. Works good so far. Tires suck, crappy slow Kenda knobbies. Frame is excellent, welds are decent... the steel has a chimey bell like ring to it when flicked. :lol:
It's lighter than my Rat Rod and rides like an Electra should.
Can't beat it for 220.00

Yet to see an Electra Tribal. Here is mine is slightly modified (chain, chainring, bell, seat, grips, headlight, tail light, valve caps, reflectors, chain guard, and head badge removed, and most importantly the flask).

IMG_4403.jpg

IMG_4405.jpg

GameBent said:
Here's my Electra Vince 3i.
It looks so great that I doubt if I'll change much besides what is already done (Electra seat, Dyno valve caps).
It has some great pinstriping on the fenders, chain guard and front forks but it's hard to see in the picture.

Vince1.jpg

BAM.. my bank account just took a big knock 'cos I just ordered one of these 5 minutes ago! I've been staring at photos of it for ages so I thought "oh f--- it, I've got to buy it or I'll go nuts". I hope it turns out to be a good bike; does anyone know if the chain guard and mudguards (fenders) are plastic or metal? Plastic bad, metal good - even if it does rust. 8)

Combat_Butler said:
does anyone know if the chain guard and mudguards (fenders) are plastic or metal? Plastic bad, metal good - even if it does rust. 8)

My dad has the Indy,which is basically the same bike with a different theme. Everything's metal. Electra is quality stuff. 8)

Thanks BlackSheep, that's good to know. :)
The Indy was actually my next choice but it costs a lot more (£450 for the Vince, £680 for the Indy - I'm in the UK btw) and the simple black color-scheme of the Vince was a safer choice for me than the head-turning fire-engine red of the Indy.

With a bit of luck my bike will arrive by Friday and I can get it set up for it's first ride - that's if it doesn't slosh down with rain on Saturday.
Looking at other photos of the Electra Vince I think something like a Brooks fully sprung saddle and a bullet headlight are going to be essential upgrades.. something to put on my Xmas wish-list.

BarnesTO said:
I love it! It's great having a bike that fits. I Just added fenders and a small basket in front, as well as a "beverage opener" on the back dropout and a nicer set of pedals.
electra2.jpg

Once I geared it up a bit she was fine. :D

Back