Electra Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ditto. The only difference is the handlebars....and if I had a Ghostrider, I already have Electra apehangers to put on it :mrgreen:

BTW, Nice avatar, Croozer!

Ok. Thanks for answers, cause i'm closer to my decision :)
But what about handlebars? In Ghostrider we've got Fat Boy, and in Rat Fink Ape Hanger, so question is:
have you got in Ghostrider hand so high like in Rat Fink, or more like in 8, during the ride offcourse? How's about that?
Like i said - comfort is most important to me.

On the Ghostrider, your hands won't be as high....or more accurately, your hands won't be so far away, if that makes sense....

I like the TT bars, wouldn't go back to apes, nicer look and more comfortable,
0819081010-00-1.jpg
0819080955-01.jpg

BarnesTO said:
You could always try the TT bars....a nice medium between apes and drag bars....

olschbp said:
I like the TT bars, wouldn't go back to apes, nicer look and more comfortable

Those TT bars look nice also, I don't think you can go wrong with any bars on that bike.

I had apes on mine, and it seemed that all my riding friends had the EXACT same bars, so I wanted something different....that's why I went with the TT bars.

bike5 by Nesto2008, on Flickr

Heres our 2 on this side of the pond.....Mines a 2010 Indy with the fenders removed, 3 speed coaster rear, front drum and alloy frame. The Other halves is a Coaster 3i. 3 speed coaster rear, front v brake and alloy frame - she had the mens bike - doesnt like girls frames!!.......

100_0824.jpg

Paul

Isle of Wight UK

Well, I'm late to the party, but I wanted to wait to post pictures of our Electras until I finished customizing my Flying Sue.

Here's my Punk. Price, brand new, was $129 after closeout price minus Visa rewards and Action Pass rewards from Sport Chalet.:p
Rewards were earned buying my wife's Huli Huli and my Flying Sue.

4936745969_7e0aaea001_b.jpg

Here's my wife's Huli Huli

4936745853_e08c19a685_b.jpg

Here's the new dashboard hula girl we've added

4936746431_71af475001_b.jpg

Here's an ugly guy on a good looking 2004 Rat Fink

4936746403_c33b1b9913_b.jpg

And finally my Flying Sue. I went a little over the top on this one. I'll post another reply with details and more photos of this bike if people are interested. It took me 3 -4 months to finish it but it's finally done.

4937330668_7b8d97cc28_b.jpg

Take care all and happy riding,
Bart

I'm not t big fan of the Punk, but I wouldn't turn one down for $129! :mrgreen:

However, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Flying Sue....breaks my heart that I didn't get one before they discontinued them....is that a siren I se on yours? More pics please....

BarnesTO said:
I'm not t big fan of the Punk, but I wouldn't turn one down for $129! :mrgreen:

However, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Flying Sue....breaks my heart that I didn't get one before they discontinued them....is that a siren I se on yours? More pics please....

The punk isn't my favorite either, but it is the only Electra tank bike they had left at Sport Chalet after Electra announced they were dicontinuing the line. I had all of these rewards that I had earned from buying the previous bikes, and, like you said, I couldn't turn one down for $129. Besides, I have a 17 year old boy that I thought would enjoy riding it, but come to find out, he loves the Fink to death, when we ride, we have to take turns on it.

I've got a pretty busy day ahead of me, but I promise to post more pics of the Sue and a full explanation of what I've done to it. A lot more work went into it than meets the eye.

What you see is not a siren, but a motorcylce horn. Basically the bike is now a human powered motorcycle. I don't want to spoil all the details until I post a full explanation, but it's got a full electrical system run off of a single high output battery, voltage regulator, high output led headlight, stereo, working tail lights and brake lights

Has anyone tried to fit a 26x3 rear tire with a standard Electra frame? The bike currently has the standard Electra 26x2.125 tires and I'd like to try to fit a 26x3 rear. I really don't want to modify the frame to make it work though.

The frame/bike in question:
DSCN1435.jpg

DSCN1473.jpg

Here is mine... I've been riding Electras since the day when they were a small operation next to my office in leucadia San Diego, I respect their commitment to quality always have. I use to be a helmet designer and was in the biz for about a decade, these guys were always honest, upfront and outright good people.

Everyone in my family has one and when it came to motorizing Electra was my choice, the forks and fenders are also Electra... Really top quality goods!

66 cc grubee with many custom parts and many items I milled on my own, goes about 30 mph at the moment.

Long live electra

dasbike2.jpg

dasbike5.jpg

Very nice bike tvc15! I've seen a lot of motorized bikes, but to be honest the look of the gas tanks in the motor kits leave me a bit cold. The exhaust systems are usually pretty homely too. You've addressed both issues however, the tank reminds me of a vintage Triumph Bonneville and the exhaust looks custom instead of stamped out.

As far as my Sue, I was hoping to get some better pictures outside in the sunlight but I'm just not getting home before dark so I'm going to have to post what I have.

First a summary of what's been done.

The bike has a full electrical system with the exception of a way to recharge the battery while in motion. The entire bike is negative ground so only the positive wire is routed to the accessories.

There is between 35 and 40 feet of wire, 18 guage teflon coated, only a few inches of which is exposed. The rest is hidden in the seat tube, the rear seat and chain stays, the steering tube and the handle bars. What wiring is not hidden inside the bike travels back and forth along the bike with the shifter cable hidden inside heat shrink tubing.

The electrical system is powered by an 11.1 volt lithium ion battery pack. Expensive, but luckily I had one on hand I could use. My son is a cross country mountain bike racer, he races in the 24 hours of Moab so he has a top notch headlight system that I borrowed the battery from.

An adjustable AX3022 based switching step-down voltage regulator kicks the voltage for the entire bike down to 6.2 volts.

The bullet headlight has been updated with a Cree high output LED module.

Matching bullet tail lights are mounted to the stock Electra holes used for fender braces that have been drilled and tapped to accept the studs on the lights. They house dual function 6V LED bulbs.

The horn is a 6V motorcycle horn similar to this but with a different bracket.

A rear saddle bag houses the battery and voltage regulator.

The handle bar bag houses a Skull Candy Pipe MP3 speaker system. Many people in this forum have used them, but I wanted mine mounted a little differently. I bought a bag that would allow me to cut holes in the ends to allow the speakers to stick out the ends. I will be adding a RF blaster so that the remote will operate the pipe while it's in the bag.

The headlight really does the trick
4936745769_66dd92f91c_b.jpg

The tail lights come on with the headlight when the switch is flipped on.
4936743481_810227f782_b.jpg

The brake lights work as they should, when the coaster brake is applied and independently of the tail lights, in other words, they work during the day without the headlights and tail lights being on.
4937329392_77045d9973_b.jpg

Close up of the tail lights.
4937329598_4be63b4722_b.jpg

In keeping with the B17 theme of the bike, I figured it would be cool to have the headlight switch be similar to a gunners trigger, with the switch covered by a protective cover. The red button is actually the horn button. The box (small project boxes from Radio Shack) that these are mounted on contains the wiring and another box houses the voltage regulator in the seat bag. All the wiring to this box is hidden in the handle bars and goes through the bar stem and down the steering tube.
4936744229_f5cf6b16a7_b.jpg

Lighted toggle switch glows when the lights are on.
4937329802_6e2ef75b85_b.jpg

No ignition switch to power on the bike so the lighted LED button energizes the bike.
4937330266_71842750e5_b.jpg

If the stock fake bullet valve caps were cool, these real .45 caliber caps I made are ice cold.
4936745617_01377bbbbc_b.jpg

A little detail of the front end.
4937331076_f3a802a138_b.jpg

I don't have any pics of the MP3 player mounted on the handle bar yet, but hope to get pics soon.
4936745555_216f8cdd12_b.jpg

I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed putting it together. :D

Take care,
Bart

Re: Lowjack'rs Electra bikes

Me would like to have a Electra to ride during the coming wintermonths.
The first Electra bike i bought was this Ratrod.
Foto-ZS7SFYXX-D.jpg

Tried it with the standard 7spd. wheels from my Basman 883.
Foto-RFJTOTYK-D.jpg

It was not so bad and drove realy nice, but it was not the bike i was looking for.
And i tought it was to good to drive trough the winter.

When i found this RS on the net for only a few € i knew i should buy it.

Foto-I7FXKE74-D.jpg

As it was when i bought the RS.
Foto-IXEEY7KE-D.jpg

First cleaned up the bike a bit.
Removed the flatt black paint that was sprayed on the bike.
Mounted a Brooks saddle.
The rear wheel was in real bad shape, so the Basman wheels where mounted again.
Also mounted a pair of fenders to the bike.
Foto-RHTZP4L3-D.jpg

After i tried out the bike,i knew this was the bike i was looking for.
And the Ratrod could leave again, so i sold it.

After driving the bike for a few weeks i had to try something else.
Cleaned up the original RS wheels,and repared the rear wheel.
Mounted a other seatpost to move the saddle backwards.
And mounted a better chain and a other chainwheel.
Also mounted a headlight because of the dark days during the winter.

Foto-N33LYH3Z-D.jpg

As the RS is at this moment.
The front fender has to come back on it, the rearfender has to come closer to the tire.
As you can see it's single speed now and drives real good.

Back