EL GUAPO...NOW AMERICAN FLAG BIKE...DONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: EL GUAPO TEAR DOWN... AMERICAN FLAG on the way

Dang man, that is sharp. I didn't know Felt bikes were made in the States, that's awesome.

Awesome! :D Looks like it was factory done 8)

I have to say it's coming out a bit better than i thought. The paint is the COLOR MATCH stuff i got at a professional paint store...and why they let me in there i dont know..ha ha It's not cheap paint but it sure does look nice when dry.

thanks for the compliments..always good to hear from the guys here that know how to build. I just got a small trailer to hook to this thing..so that will be the next build...ANY IDEAS for the trailer??? Shoot them my way please. I have an old Coca cola cooler from the 50's i want to monut on there some how

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

Lee Greenwood would be proud!!!
Nice work!!

kingfish254 said:
Lee Greenwood would be proud!!!
Nice work!!

Thats funny..i should have been playing his music while building this thing....maybe next 4th of July I can slip in the PArade downtown. No one would even notice I wasn't an invited participant. Maybe I could find one of those Uncle Sam comstumes to wear too ( oops..was that too political?? )

CRASH said:
Very nice job! Is that rattle can, or do you spray with a good sprayer? I'm thinking of rattle canning my own bike with lots of clear afterwards.

The paint was all rattle can. It's called COLOR MATCH paint I get from a local paint store. They have everything you can imagine and if they dont they will make it for you right there. The clear is a very high quality product as well. The paint was about $10 per 8oz can and the clear is about $25 per can. So it's almost same price to have it powder coated. Sometimes i just like to paint it on my own even though it doesnt look as perfect..still looks ok and makes ya feel better about the effort.

Great job, awesome paint.
Kenny

Captain Awesome said:
Great looking ride. Amazing what can be done with quality rattle can and patience.

Yea there is some good paint out there in a can. And clear coat too. It's not professional job but it looks decent and I had a good time doing it. Which is why we all do this..it's all about the fun. Now i wish it were about the space..I NEED MORE SPACE..ha ha ..then i'd just fill it with more bikes. :D

naturephotoboy3 said:
Captain Awesome said:
Great looking ride. Amazing what can be done with quality rattle can and patience.

Yea there is some good paint out there in a can. And clear coat too. It's not professional job but it looks decent and I had a good time doing it. Which is why we all do this..it's all about the fun. Now i wish it were about the space..I NEED MORE SPACE..ha ha ..then i'd just fill it with more bikes. :D

No kidding on the space...I'm gonna have to buy a coupla sheds at this rate!!!
all your bike needs now is a flag mount...

I'm LOVING This build. Really like the fender.. Maybe you could build a J.F.K theme bike! But I would keep that off here because that might start issues :?

Vintagebikebuilder said:
I'm LOVING This build. Really like the fender.. Maybe you could build a J.F.K theme bike! But I would keep that off here because that might start issues :?

WHO ME START ISSUES??? ha ha ..too late I seem to start isses no matter what I say. Just that kinda guy who speaks their mind...but id love to do that build. For now im starting on the trailer for this build. Going to be an OLD Coke cooler monted on there some how

Back