El Guapo-Finished!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: El Guapo

I'm loving everything about this build! Where did you find the Headbadge? I've been trying to find one similar to that but its the female calavera with a big hat w/flowers. Would also like to know what it is that you used on your pedals, looks nice!

Thanks everybody,Im really having fun with it. I found a little shop here that has a bunch of day of the dead stuff.The pedal end caps are little pins. I just took the needle part out and JB weld did the rest. I also picked up a deck of day of the dead cards. The skulls you see in the pedals are the borders from the cards. The headbadge came from a little flea market here in Houston. I was going to try and heat it up in the oven and try to form it to the head tube but I started thinking it may warp the facial features.

I live in the 4th largest city in the US and nobody has 26x1.75 white walls in stock?? Looks like Ill be ordering some. :?

Nice work!
I like lots of photos. You can really see the steps and progress.

kingfish254 said:
Nice work!
I like lots of photos. You can really see the steps and progress.
Thanks king...its fun to come with ideas and show others..especially when they work :lol:

Alright the caps are done..
003-3.jpg

And they work too!
002-3.jpg

001-4.jpg

I really like the looks of this bike!
Thanks for sharing. There are some great ideas in this build =)

thirdcoastpeddler said:
I live in the 4th largest city in the US and nobody has 26x1.75 white walls in stock?? Looks like Ill be ordering some. :?

Do you have a fredmeyer? They have big white wall tires.

Never heard of it. I ordered some today. I posted a link above. Pretty good deal and free shipping.

Still waiting on tires and have a little work to do on the frame...should have it all together this weekend

Very nice i am also building a Higgins Rat bike, mine is under RATLINER in builds. Sulley

Thanks guys...Its been fun. I cant wait to get out and ride it..should turn some heads!

thirdcoastpeddler said:
From Houston..Fred Meyer the super market?

Yes they carry a small amount of bike stuff (at least here in WA) which includes white wall 26" cruiser tires.

Back