El Borracho first build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I'm curious ,with the level of your abilities, Why are you working on a Schwinn frame and not building one from scratch that would have done everything that you wanted in a frame. If its too high I build one lower , and if its too short I make it longer . I'm not nearly as talented skill wise and I build some fairly nice frames.

Uncle Stretch said:
Ok I'm curious ,with the level of your abilities, Why are you working on a Schwinn frame and not building one from scratch that would have done everything that you wanted in a frame. If its too high I build one lower , and if its too short I make it longer . I'm not nearly as talented skill wise and I build some fairly nice frames.

This one was a time issue, I needed it done by Oct 2nd so did not want the project to get drawn out. I also decided this would be a good learning curve since its my first cruiser, after I have put some time on this bike I may get a better idea of what I want. I will do something but want to make sure its planned out right first

Day 6;
Bike is complete. I had some pinstripping done to brighten it up a little using gray, silver and white. Assembly went pretty smooth, the only problem was a cheap headset that was machined poorly and unuseable. I quick trip to the LBS solved the problem. I did a 11 mile test ride last night and it rides perfect, totally comfortable and smooth.

Bike003.jpg

Bike002.jpg

I think it looks great and stupid simple! If I saw it out I'd think is was factory made. Looks really good, can't wait to see what you do next!

Later Travis

it looks like theres a rear fender snugged up on the tire but no thats just some massive rubber! what is that? very nice build i must say :D[/quote]

It a 24 X 3 Fatti-O rear from Electra and the front is a 26 X 2.125. It was a tight fit even after widening the rear frame for it.

Back