ebay - why is my brothers build off bike for sale for 0.01?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCR

Mouth-Breather
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
if your bidding on this or watching, the pic is my brothers bike from the RRBBO3, but thats not my brothers listing and currently hes not selling his bike. just wanted to let you guys know because it doesnt mention the bike you get is not the one in the pic on the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Motorized-schwinn-s ... 286.c0.m14

heres the finished build off thread

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=9778

Re: ebay - why is my brothers build off bike for sale ?

could be a scam.

you should contact ebay and the seler to ask questions about the pictures...

I just asked him if the the bike pictured is the one for sale. I'll post what he writes back.

i sent him a message telling him that the auction doesnt say that you get the bike that is pictured in the descripion . and that the bike pictured in the description in in my garage. :mrgreen: not in his

here's his reply:
NO actual bike in pic is sold. But I make that same bike every week, sam EXACT color scheme and features. They are just hard to keep in stock so you will get the same bike just not the one in the pic.

It's a fishy listing. I would think if he builds these all the time he would'nt use someone else's picture. When I list bikes I put at least 6 big pictures up showing every detail. I would pursue getting this listing removed by ebay, although I doubt anyone will bid on it. Edit: nevermind, I think he realized people are on to him and ended the auction.

Probably just a flat-out scam, where he's not selling any bike. That's been done before.

Although the auction is ended, ask your brother to contact Ebay and give them full details. They may still want to yank this account. (Could be a hijacked account, for that matter.)

I had the same thing happen with paintball gear.
I used to own a small company called Destructive Customs. I had Built myself a marker and had it laser engraved with the words Destructive Factory down the sides and we were using it as a demo.. about a month after it was built a guy posted it as his for sale on ebay and on some of the local paintball forums... it is amazing what people think they can get away with

Back