easy made lock for your ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jan

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, mayby not the right forum but a good idea I found on the internet. This is the one I made, it took only a minute.

DSC00004-1.jpg

OH I get it... you lock both looped ends with the padlock ( like a noose). Any lock is better than no lock

I don't know about that one, all one would need is a pocket chainbreaker like I have on my Crank brothers multi-tool and much less than a minute. Gone.

socal_jack said:
I don't know about that one, all one would need is a pocket chainbreaker like I have on my Crank brothers multi-tool and much less than a minute. Gone.

You are proberbly right, I saw a mowie on Youtube where they used this kind of lock to make sure that your seat didn't disapeared. And thought it would be fun to make now I've had an old chain lying around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01TPK7ChLmA

Any type of theft prevention is only gonna work around honest people. I think Jan's idea offers that. If someone wants the bike enough .... it's their's no matter what you do! Thanks Jan!

Hi just to say any lock (even the strongest) never last more than 15 minutes with the right tools,
in this case I would'nt even bother opening the chain the "bypass" technique is more adequate :wink:
Exellent mod by the way 100% biker spirit :D

cool idea, simple and ive already got enough pieces to make a couple without spending a dime.

i think its enough to keep the rowdy kids from ghost riding a bike into a bush or something a couple blocks down when your making a quick stop somewhere.

Latest posts

Back