Earth Cruiser Find!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Its a ladies model but its still very cool. I found it on Craigs yesterday and picked it up this morning. Originally I bought it so I could use the wheels on an other project, but after having it and riding it around, I can't bring myself to part it out.
The seat is not original but its very cool. It also has new tires added recently.
The paint isn't too good but I'll try my best at making it look new again.
earthcruiser.jpg

earthcruiser1.jpg

earthcruiser2.jpg

These rims are awesome!
earthcruiser3.jpg

I should have it running in a few weeks or so.
And I can't decide weather I'm going to sell it or not. :?

002-10.jpg

001-16.jpg

I posted pics of mine before. I plan to "restore" it this winter. The headbadge is missing and all the spokes are very rusty.Also the yellow reflector is missing from the rear wheel.
It rides well though. Good Day.

I've got a very similar bike called a "STAR CRUISER". The frames look identical. My bike has a Palm Springs Ca. Cyclery sticker on it, with an "LW" head badge. I can't find any info. on it. Bmx handle bar stem and seat post. Chrome bmx style fork and chain guard.....and so on. Awesome Earth Cruiser, thanks for posting. Gary

CHAMPION123 said:
I've got a very similar bike called a "STAR CRUISER". The frames look identical. My bike has a Palm Springs Ca. Cyclery sticker on it, with an "LW" head badge. I can't find any info. on it. Bmx handle bar stem and seat post. Chrome bmx style fork and chain guard.....and so on. Awesome Earth Cruiser, thanks for posting. Gary
I think you mean a basset star cruiser. Those are even cooler than an earth cruiser!
Do you have pics?

I'm not the best a posting pictures yet. Tonight I'll take some pictures of it and give posting a try. I've been lurking on the site too long. My bike had the exact same sprocket, handle bar stem, seat post clamp and so on. But my forks are chrome with the bottoms V'd ....like "Landing Gear" forks. Plus my frame has the water cage attachments. I've taken some BMX liberties....3 piece crank, vintage arai rims, short bmx handle bars, bent bmx seat post. Plus the bike itself was a freebe....I'll try to get you some pictures

Hey Champion123 -
What are the demensions of those BMX bars - height and width? They look just right for a canti frame. Thanks!
Robert

Champion 123,...love the bike and that Ford truck, any info on it?

The bike was a freebie from a buddy of mine. I added the rims, 3-piece crank, bent seat post, and handle bars, but the rest is as found. The 1934 Ford truck is a permanent fixture in my garage. It's been done for about 5 years now. Started out with a nasty 348 chevy in it. Now it's 454 powered, 2800 stall, 4.56 posi, turbo 350, Pete and Jakes front suspension, an so on. Thanks for asking about it. Gary

Back