Early '50s AMF Roadmaster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I took a road trip to look at a Sonic Scout. I met with the owner who turned out to be a really nice guy and he opened his garage to show me what he'd been working on. I saw this gal buried in the corner. I ended up packaging a deal which worked out for both of us (although it required another trip to the ATM). I couldn't believe everything was together and in such great shape...
IMG_20130222_141554_zpsa7a71dc3.jpg

IMG_20130222_141607_zps792f4647.jpg

IMG_20130222_141628_zpsd803f50f.jpg

Thanks! Just pulled the tank apart and found these all bloated and juicin'
IMG_20130222_161648_zps21113bfd.jpg

I cleaned up the contacts and swapped batteries and the horn works like a champ!

well, I picked up that Sonic Scout at the same time and that one has too many cool graphics to restore. This one is all there and complete aside from somthing to power the rear jewel tail light (I'll have to look into whether it was a battery pack or generator contraption). The paint job on this is really basic and is flaking pretty badly on the tank and elsewhere. I may do a resto on this one and buff out the Scout. That may mean rechroming the fenders though :roll:

I found a very similar Roadmaster a couple months ago but yours is much nicer!

Fantastic Score on the CWC Luxury Liner - very rare to find one with the Head Light still present! There is still a lot you can do w/ the head light. It's just a Delta Softball Light with a fin added. You could swap guts w/ one in better shape or convert it to something much brighter in the LED Family. Either way the housing is the big score on that bike. Even as a parts bike you've got a nice investment. Have Fun! Robert

Road Master said:
Fantastic Score on the CWC Luxury Liner - very rare to find one with the Head Light still present! There is still a lot you can do w/ the head light. It's just a Delta Softball Light with a fin added. You could swap guts w/ one in better shape or convert it to something much brighter in the LED Family. Either way the housing is the big score on that bike. Even as a parts bike you've got a nice investment. Have Fun! Robert
yeah, I got a good deal on everything. Already cut the guts out of the light. Trying to get everything working again (trying to incorporate the original switch seems to be the tricky part). I'll solder everything back in once I feel good about the switch being reliable.

Back