Early 1970s Iverson Charger 5Speed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 90%
9   1   0
I bought this from a guy that had it for sale on ebay but when I found out he lived 8 minutes away from where I was, I made him and "outside of ebay" offer and took it home. I put new brake levers, cables, housing, chain, tubes, tires, and a new front brake caliper on it and cleaned and repacked the hubs, headset, and bottom bracket and am keeping the rest as is. in the last pic you'll notice the lack of a chainguard.....that's because I have mailed it to the creator himself, George Barris, to sign it!!!!!

the pic from the ebay ad

after some cleaning up and newer tubes and tires....

slightly upgraded brakes and whitewalls; it just didn't look right with the solid black ones on it.

Cool find! Can you post a pic of the underside of that shifter? I just picked up a ratty 3 speed version of the shifter last week.

Are you asking for a picture of the outside of the underside of the shifter?

Yes, mine is missing that undercarriage cover, so it might help me to see what it is supposed to look like.

I'll try to take some pictures of it tomorrow. You'll be hard-pressed to find one. If you do find one, the person that has it will more than likely know what it is and will charge accordingly.

Thank you very much HWB!

yup!! any pics of yours??.....

Here it is. Operates great but ratty enough to work on some future build.

shifter6_zps7eb2f402.jpg
shifter1_zpse39220fa.jpg

Back