Dyno Pure Fun and Pierside - "Real" Dyno's?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Spent a few hours scouring the web and wasn't able to find any information on these bikes. I really like the diamond frames on these and you can tell that they are BMX inspired. I was curious if anyone has any information on these two Dyno's, like when they were made, and if they are legit Dyno's or Pacific Cycles? The only thing that I was able to see is that they were made sometime in the mid 90's which would make them legit, but I don't know how long they stayed in production for.

I'm considering a Pure Fun for a 26" BMX Cruiser build, and I'm also looking at an old school Jamis Boss Cruiser. I like the Dyno Pure Fun a little more only because of it's pedigree. Thanks for your help guys!

I don't have any experience with either, but I did a little looking around as well. I would say they are both pre-Pacific. BMXmuseum has a single 'Pure Fun', and it is a '97. If you look at the other Dynos around that time, most of the models are running threadless stems, while the Pure Fun is still 1" headtube. I would assume that would mean it was a lower end bike.

The Pierside, I was able to find one picture...but nothing else. I would guess that it is about the same vintage. 1" head tube, chain guard, and one piece cranks would lead me to believe it is also a lower end bike.

Wish I knew more, but I was never much of a Dyno, or GT, fan :),

Jason

Thanks for the information. Now I just need to decide which bike I want to use for my build. I like the geometry of the Dyno a little more than the Boss, but the Boss has those sweet looptail dropouts. Here's a pic of a Dyno Pure Fun BMX inspired build:

DSCN0923_zpse02d6e3d.jpg

DSCN0921_zps5c4c9226.jpg

And now the Boss Cruiser BMX inspired build:
img_5603_blowup.jpg

img_20141005_115705_blowup.jpg

Back