Dyno DeuceLow

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I found a Dyno Deuce on Craigslist that some tweeker had. It had something done to it so that the handle bars were bent and the kickstand was bent off to such an angle it was useless. Sounded like a good canidate for my second 26" lowrider. This is what I was biulding when I saw the "Anything Goes" build-off was on. So, the Knuckleduster sidetracked me, which, in turn, got sidetracked by another bike. As soon as we get a reprieve from the hail and rain again, I'll post pics of that. And, so, the mockup;

DeuceLow.jpg

DeuceLow2.jpg

DeuceLow3.jpg

I found that (not suprisingly) Kustom Kruisers are pretty much the same as the old Dynos. So, after some dealing with a very nice ath a chain bike dealer, I got a tank from one said Kustom Kruiser. Other than the color, nice fit.
The bike got some "Retro Red' and alot of clear. I hid the switch and the battery for the rear light and the cable routing for the Nexus 3 roller rear in the tank. The headlight was an old dyno light from somewhere. I made my lock-on Lizard Skins grips accomodate the grip shifter, by cutting and epoxy. I din't know you can by them like that. Oh well. The front brake is a Hayes MX1 and a Magura disc. Kinda nutty at high speed stops. It kinda jerks the fork (steering) up and to the side. Whatever.

DeuceLowfin.jpg

DeuceLowfin1.jpg

DeuceLowfin2.jpg

DeuceLowfin3.jpg

DeuceLowfin4.jpg

DeuceLowfin5.jpg

DeuceLowfin6.jpg

The graphics on the tank are only vinyl. As soon as I figure out exactly what I want, I'll paint them in.

Wow, I should read my writing before posting. "after some dealing with a very nice ath a chain bike dealer" should be saying: "after some dealing with a very nice girl at a chain bike dealer". Sorry, got ahead of myself abit.

now thats a sweet makeover! :D has a nicely balanced look and i dig the darker red.looks like you changed to a 5-1/2" crank too! 8)

You really rocked that bike! Makes me wanna hunt you down just so I can ride it! The red is the perfect color. The stance really gives me the feeling that the bike's ready to go whether the rider is or not! Tank definitely belongs there. I've got that same sprocket! Haven't used it yet, but I've been gather stuff to build a gamblers bike. The sprocket was what started the theme for a future bike project.

Gotta admit though, I really like it as #5!

Head to Performance bikes and you can pick up the whole #5 bike. Kustom Kruizer, 26" rear and front. Plain Jane. Blue, fun and kinda plain. Rem: Kustom 'cause stock sucks. R.I.P. Roth...

No Talant Clown-

That bike's amazing!!! Gives me some great ideas for a new build. How does she ride?

dude can i add that statement to my sig? i will give you props that is great "kustom cause stock sucks"

If I remember correctly, the "Kustom..." quote is from Ed Roth. So, knock yourself out. Heck, I'm putting that sticker on a few more bikes in my garage. Especially since I can't seem to leave anything stock...

really? well i will still credit u for bringing it to my attention

You know, I've never thought of "stretchers" as being my kind of bike, or something I'd even be interested in, but this is absolutely awesome.
VERY nice job - beautiful bike! 8)

Is "stretcher" another name for lowriders? This frame is just a standard 26" Dyno cruiser, not a stretch (like the Roadster) just in case any thought differntly...

So, I couldn't hang with the bike like this. It was too dangerous to ride at high or low speeds. It just didn't turn out as stable as the Schwinn I did before. Too sqirrelly. Now it's the Dyno Deuce Bomber.

DDB.jpg

DDB1.jpg

DDB2.jpg

The update is tight! I know exactly what you mean about the bent springer. Good job on that bike.

Looks great! I love the deep red color!!
I miss the tank though...

The rims are from US Choppers site. They're wider than the Felt rims. Yeah the tank was cool, but it was impossible to steer in smaller than an eight foot circle with that fork. Even worse that the springer from before.

Back