DYNO DETOUR (WASHED)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
All original...just missing the decals.

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

Re: DYNO DETOUR

:shock: minimal rash too! I love black bikes, they touch up so well.

I cant wait to see what it looks like after you work your magic om it!

Re: DYNO DETOUR

About the only thing I'm not real crazy about is the chainring.....zzzzzzzzzz.

I think it needs a silver chainring to give it a little more bling. :wink:

Hey...I used to own a black 87 Buick Grand National....detailing these bikes is a piece of cake after keeping one of them clean for a few years. :lol:

stevea2.jpg

stevea1.jpg

gnside.jpg

gnrace.jpg

stevesgn.jpg

My Cutless had that same engine!..... ,, well without a few of those parts on the top! :D

Those cars were amazing. If I remember right, they were faster than the Vettes that year?????

The bike looks great, quite a change. Well done!

Wow, nice find looks awesome after you cleaned it up! what did you use to polish the stem and other parts? just simple green?? nice GN also! Im always cleanin my Chevelle... never ends :roll:

jerrykr said:
If I remember right, they were faster than the Vettes that year?????

it was said to be the fastest production car of it's time. american or world wide i dont recall.
but yes, faster that corvettes :wink:

I thought the Chevy Typhoon was faster, no? If memory serves Car & Driver did a 0-60 in 4.3 secs or something like that in one.

The GN owned the road in 87.

The Cyclone didn't come out until 91 and then the Typhoon in 92.

The Turbo Trans Ams were also very fast but they didn't come out until 89.

oh, right. forgot there was that many years difference between them.

in '87 I raced my '87 LX 5.0 (a fairly rare car in '87, only about 5,000 made, most 5.0s were GTs) against a GN in a top speed run down Rte 9 here in CT, and for miles it was a dead even race, neither one of us could get away from each other. We just sat there side by side in our lanes going our top speeds - which I don't know what mine was since I only had an 85 mph speedo (my next LX 5.0, a 1988 coupe, had a 140 mph calibrated speedo).

so in the real world, it wasn't much of a ruling far as I could tell. The 'stang was hard to beat in LX trim being almost 200 lbs lighter than the GT.

the GNX was the real killer Buick right? when did that come out?

The GNX came out in 87.

It had the bigger turbo and the really cool suspension upgrade as well as the wheel upgrade.

I also had an 87 Turbo T which was basically a Grand National in different color. It had 40k miles on it and was tight as a drum.

I ran it bone stock at the track with some Nitto Drag Radials and ran a 13.06...and I wasn't that good of a racer either.

This is the car I will always miss... :cry:

regal10.jpg

myt3.jpg

myt9.jpg

regal6.jpg

mytqwk.jpg

t1.jpg

Beauty cars I always loved the turbo t color, not alot of them around anymore there is a GN club here tho they come out from time to time to the street legal drags on friday nights in the summer. I still got my old G body a 78 grandprix its sitting out in my aunts yard waiting till I have a shop to give her love because I aint kickin the chevelle out of the garage. trying to find a pontiac 455 for it not going to make it a 1/4 mile car just a nice low cruiser with the cahone's to get up and go

Back