Durafix easyweld - fake or fantastic ??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need advice - all my time as a bike builder I have been told that welding aluminium was a very difficult skill to master - and it takes special welding equipment.. so i stumble on this website http://www.durafix.com i take a look at their videos, and behold... welding in aluminium made possible for the average joe( or in my case the average low skilled welder ) have any of you guys tried this product, would you trust a frame build with it ??

pls give comments, as i found out that this wonder is actually also available in cold icy Denmark :) - but before i cut up a nice alu frame it would be nice to hear some experiences...

i talked to a friend - he says it cant be done.. you´ll need expencive equipment and lots of skills to weld aluminium...

hope to hear good news to prove him wrong - i really want to cut up that frame :)

regards
Flemming

looks like it would be the aluminum equivalent to brazing, but i could be wrong.

as it turns out...FANTASTIC, i bought a set of rods( found out they were available in denmark to my big surprise - and so far i have repaired a broken derelliour hanger for a old mtb frame, it was bend, and i broke as i tried to straighten it - so i heated it up, braced it with the rods, grinded it down, and it seems extremely sturdy and good - just for fun i´ll cut up a ahead stem to shorten it - and fix it up with durafix, then we´ll see if it can really take some abuse ... who knows, maby i´ll even remember to take pics along the way :)

regards
Flemming

Back